Page 1 of 2
If you don't yet know of the "coning" phenomenon ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WygNjMSllLQ

I went coning with some bros tonight at McDonalds and the cone was passed to the manager and she opened the window, and as i reached for the ice cream part, she stopped me and told me "Tell your friends this, the next person that tries to grab the cone like that is gonna get fined for vandalism, the cops are watching and we have your license plate number"

I proceeded to take the cone like a normal person and we left...

Vandalism.. really?

Discuss.

TL;DR - went coning and told its vandalism by manager and we left.
That manager is a dumbass.

You bought the cone, you can do whatever the hell you want with it. They already have your money anyway, what the fuck do they care?

Dumbass...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by skater5thg
TL;DR - went coning and told its vandalism by manager and we left.

Well, you're trespassing and messing with somebody's property. I don't know if it legally constitutes vandalism, but you're definitely breaking the law.
Quote by NotFromANUS
Well, you're trespassing and messing with somebody's property. I don't know if it legally constitutes vandalism, but you're definitely breaking the law.

No they're not, they had already paid for the cone by that point.
Quote by NotFromANUS

Going to McDonalds and grabbing the ice cream on the cone is trespassing and messing with someone's property?

I've been to McDonalds many times, can I get fined for trespassing?
Quote by NotFromANUS

What property??

HIS ice cream cone??? Is this like one of those things where you can get charged with plagiarizing your own work?
Quote by Primus2112
That manager is a dumbass.

You bought the cone, you can do whatever the hell you want with it. They already have your money anyway, what the fuck do they care?

Dumbass...

Ye, this was my first thought too.

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Oh my god, the more I read this story, the more pissed off I get.

Jesus Christ she's stupid.
Coning seems very stupid. Saying that, vandilism

Quote by NotFromANUS

RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Jul 21, 2011,
It's not vandalism. You bought it. You can't vandalize your own shit.

You should get a shitton of people to do it in a row just to show that manager a lesson
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
You should get a shitton of people to do it in a row just to show that manager a lesson

**** yea. And then complain when they refuse to sell people ice cream ever again
Buy a big Mac combo and grab the bag upside down and watch all the food fall out of the bag and onto the floor.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Wait, when I first heard someone telling me about coning, I thought they were saying that you drive up to the window and hand them a traffic cone or something

That would be way better
Your ice cream cone, you do whatever the hell you want with it. As long as you aren't getting it on the people or the building they're just bullshitting you
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Quote by Nelsean
Buy a big Mac combo and grab the bag upside down and watch all the food fall out of the bag and onto the floor.

-Don't remember to nonchalantly chew on the bag also
Quote by Nelsean

Cones are cheap, though.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
What's up with these kids coming up with complete unfunny shit and thinking they're cool for it? Just play in traffic instead of inventing shit like planking and this stuff, it's more beneficial for humanity.
Or.. you can pretend you have hooks for hands and try to grab a cone, but instead stab the cone with your hook hands and eat the ice cream.

Quote by T.s.e
What's up with these kids coming up with complete unfunny shit and thinking they're cool for it? Just play in traffic instead of inventing shit like planking and this stuff, it's more beneficial for humanity.

"I bet you won't plank interstate 95!"

Quote by Nelsean
Or.. you can pretend you have hooks for hands and try to grab a cone, but instead stab the cone with your hook hands and eat the ice cream.

Wait. Are you pretending? Or do you really have to have hook hands?
Sometimes managers just like to blow hot air. My manager does it when people do annoying stuff. Coning definitely sounds annoying, though I'd probably find it funny if I were a fast food guy and people did it to us, though I could see it get old.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Good. It's one of the stupidest fucking things I've ever seen.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by SeveralSpecies
"I bet you won't plank interstate 95!"

Wait. Are you pretending? Or do you really have to have hook hands?

Either or is equally hilarious. Bonus points if you're dressed as a pirate.

Quote by NotFromANUS
Well, you're trespassing

Not too sure about this anymore, but last I heard, if you were a paying customer, you weren't trespassing.
and messing with somebody's property. I don't know if it legally constitutes vandalism, but you're definitely breaking the law.

He already paid for it, so its his property, and its not like he is smearing it on the windows or anything ridiculous like that, so there's no law broken.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I actually think coning is hilarious
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Nelsean
Either or is equally hilarious. Bonus points if you're dressed as a pirate.

Negative points if you're dressed like an Iraq vet?

*goesToHell*
Quote by NotFromANUS

surprised no one caught this hilarious statement
Quote by Nelsean

Ok now that is not a good idea since they might consider it littering
No. You've payed for an item which now belongs to you, and so long as you aren't damaging or defacing someone else's property with your actions with said item, you aren't vandalizing. The ice cream, as well as the cone and napkin, are your property once you've given them your money, and if you want to hold it backwards, you are well within your rights to do so. There can be no legal repercussions for using a product you now own in a way that is not harmful to anyone. That would be like suggesting that you can be sued for putting your shoes on the wrong feet or your pants on backwards.

That said, you're just being stupid, and doing what you're doing is stupid, so while you can't be fined or sued for it, you're just acting like a jackass. Like those people don't deal with enough shit at the drive in window without watching some toolbox grab the ice cream cone upside down because it 'makes them LOL.'
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Coning is a pretty dumb thing to do, but it is no way vandalism. How would that even be considered vandalism unless you went into the restaurant and broke all their cones without paying for it?

EDIT: The above post pretty much sums up my opinion on the matter.
Last edited by Lost Dog at Jul 21, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
Just looked up 'coning'. This is one of the most stupid things ever and anyone who does it is a ****ing idiot.

Yep. Also, I guess it could be considered littering if you dropped something. If they were going to choose any crime that would be it. But why vandalism?
Page 1 of 2