Page 1 of 3
Everybody has a band or artist that they like, but they don't want to admit to it. Maybe you bashed the band in the past, but now like the sound. Maybe you're a hipster or a metal head, and don't want to lose your status.

Either way...

I've become a fan of System of a Down. Not a massive one, but I like them. I used to not be a fan of their style, but now I don't mind it
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Personally, there aren't many (if any) artists that I'd feel reluctant to admitting that I like them. But there are quite a few that I'm scared to admit that I DON'T like (Beatles, Radiohead, MGMT, Phoenix... pretty much everything on college radio).
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I normally listen to technical death metal, djent, and progressive type stuff, but Attack Attack is my guilty pleasure
Originally Posted by strat0blaster
No matter what you like, you will like Meshuggah.

FREE GUITAR STRINGS!
I am not ashamed of any music I listen to.

Why should anyone feel ashamed of music they listen to anyway?
I don't have that band. "Guilty pleasures" are ridiculous. If you are afraid to admit you enjoy a band that isn't "cool", then you are taking yourself way too seriously.
Quote by (sic)duckmaggot
I normally listen to technical death metal, djent, and progressive type stuff, but Attack Attack is my guilty pleasure

I clicked your sig expecting free guitar strings! I hate you now.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
Dragonforce, I like their music. Even if it is sped up, it still sounds good to me. Sure Herman isn't the best sweeper, but he probably plays on the same level as EVH. I can understand that the general layout of their songs are: Intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solosolosolosolosolo, final chorus. And that this gets boring after a while, but I still listen to see if they can, how do I say, write the songs better. I mean Herman CAN play guitar, Vadim is a fantastic Keyboardist, and I'm sure Dave is somewhat good at drums, he likes Maiden so I'm all for that.

Hopefully their new singer isn't reluctant to change the songwriting a bit. And I do realize I wrote a good paragraph about Dragonforce, sue me. I could go all day about Queen.
Quote by due 07
I don't have that band. "Guilty pleasures" are ridiculous. If you are afraid to admit you enjoy a band that isn't "cool", then you are taking yourself way too seriously.

I don't hide it if I like a band that some people may not. I'm mainly into metal, so I hang 'round with metalheads more often than not and I love Paramore, a few video game soundtracks, and I like a few rap/hip-hop songs, mainly the stuff from the 90's.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Quote by Skullivan
Dragonforce, I like their music. Even if it is sped up, it still sounds good to me. Sure Herman isn't the best sweeper, but he probably plays on the same level as EVH. I can understand that the general layout of their songs are: Intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solosolosolosolosolo, final chorus. And that this gets boring after a while, but I still listen to see if they can, how do I say, write the songs better. I mean Herman CAN play guitar, Vadim is a fantastic Keyboardist, and I'm sure Dave is somewhat good at drums, he likes Maiden so I'm all for that.

Hopefully their new singer isn't reluctant to change the songwriting a bit. And I do realize I wrote a good paragraph about Dragonforce, sue me. I could go all day about Queen.

But Queen is nothing to be ashamed of.
ಠ_ಠ
My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, and Attack Attack's first album (ONLY. I hate their newer crap).
If it sounds good to you, it's good. Who really cares? If anything, if you're a metalhead and you like MGMT with a passion, it only stops you from being a cliche', which is kinda cool to be honest.
Two bands I'm obsessed about : Coheed and Cambria.
Quote by pokeatthedevil
I clicked your sig expecting free guitar strings! I hate you now.

I moved my mouse over the link and was like

You wouldn't find such a link in my sig >.>

On topic:
Nothing really, I don't particularly care what people think about my choice of music.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by jmonko
But Queen is nothing to be ashamed of.

I meant how much I praise them
I enjoy blasting my music, no matter whatever it is. But probably the most unexpected thing you'd find on my iPod is Taylor Swift. (I listen to an eclectic mix, but its mainly hard rock.)
Coheed and Cambria, mostly because a lot of Coheed fans are really freaking weird...
I'm not reluctant to admit that I like anything.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
No, nobody should be ashamed of what he likes, you shouldn't be told what to listen to.
I love Poison, though I'm not afraid to make it known. Haters gonna hate either way; might as well enjoy it
Quote by genghisgandhi
I'm ashamed to listen to Lil Wayne because it means I'm similar to these people.

And the funny things are
1.) You can't petition a jail sentence, but some people don't understand common law.
2.) He was arrested for gun possession, not shooting, not threatening, just possession. He could have just gotten a permit and been on with his life.
Quote by The Madcap
Lily Allen.I've always thought Queen to be a fat kids band.

I have put on some weight.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jmonko
Quote by The Madcap
I've always thought Queen to be a fat kids band.

I have put on some weight.

I've always been fat. Madcap is a psychic.
Quote by mental_zer0
Panic At The Disco.

**** the haters.

So ****ing good!
ಠ_ಠ
Page 1 of 3