I heard this video, and was shocked at one, how cool the amp looked, and two, how stupidly clean and clear the amp was with an 8 string, the best high gain tone I think I've heard so far, it's insane.

I can't find this amp, or any other DAR amp for sell through a quick google, so they are prolly stupidly expensive.

What's your opinions on this amp?

Vid, high quality, I know it's a fearedse vid, but the guy makes great vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHJu3tmeAiM&feature=youtu.be
When I saw the first teaser for it, I was already pumped for the full demos.

When I heard all of the demos...

I ejaculated and blew a hole through my computer monitor. I ****ing hate that amp for ruining my computer monitor.
The amp does sound very clear for an 8-string. Heck, you could probably play a bass through there.
I've heard people say some of their other amps are extremely sterile sounding. I haven't tried any myself. Ola's vid doesn't sound that great really IMO, at least the first part. Then again the whole 8 string djentz thing never appealed to me at all.
I'd really like to hear it in standard tuning.
I'm sick of 8 string br00tz.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
I'd really like to hear it in standard tuning.
I'm sick of 8 string br00tz.

+1, except for the Standard part... Maybe Drop D on a 6

I just don't get the point of 8 strings... If I wanted to play a bass, I'd play a bass

I mean... I've seen a few guys (key words here, a few) use them brilliantly, but for the most part, people just play them exactly the same as a 6 string. I mean, sounding heavy in metal is much more than tuning your guitar to Drop Z and chugging on the top strings

As far as the demo goes - Ola processes the hell out of his YouTube recordings, so what you're hearing isn't the amp's true tone. It is pretty clear for an 8 string, but if I was going to play an 8 string, it'd be through an Axe-FX. They might have a weird midrange for me, but they can sound extremely clear, if you're doin it right.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by MatrixClaw

I just don't get the point of 8 strings... If I wanted to play a bass, I'd play a bass

I mean... I've seen a few guys (key words here, a few) use them brilliantly, but for the most part, people just play them exactly the same as a 6 string. I mean, sounding heavy in metal is much more than tuning your guitar to Drop Z and chugging on the top strings

Marten Hagstrom is a boss... Then again, he's moved on to some custom Ibanez 9's though
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Marten Hagstrom is a boss... Then again, he's moved on to some custom Ibanez 9's though

Meh... I really don't get why people oogle over Meshuggah, maybe I just don't get it, but it's all extremely boring for me to listen to. Every single one of their songs sounds the same to me, one huge poly-rhythm breakdown
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Meh... I really don't get why people oogle over Meshuggah, maybe I just don't get it, but it's all extremely boring for me to listen to. Every single one of their songs sounds the same to me, one huge poly-rhythm breakdown

Thats basically it. Im not a super huge fan, but he's a really good rhythm guitarist.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Thats basically it. Im not a super huge fan, but he's a really good rhythm guitarist.

Yeah, I guess so... but rhythm on an 8 string is just dumb. If you're gonna have 2 extra strings, you better be using it for more than just rhythm

Tosin Abasi is really the only person I've seen fully utilize an 8 string.

Quote by prodigalsavant
where can i get one of these amps?

http://www.daramps.com/
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Didn't really do it for me. I like the tone he had with the Framus Cobra the most. Need to try one of those in person, everything I've heard sounds ridiculously awesome.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
Didn't really do it for me. I like the tone he had with the Framus Cobra the most. Need to try one of those in person, everything I've heard sounds ridiculously awesome.

They are cool amps, for sure. It was just a love/hate thing for me with mine. Some days I completely LOVED the tone and other days I just thought it sounded like utter shit
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Who needs a bassist anymore?

Edit: I read somewhere they cost about $2600 for that exact amp lol so stupid I have a 7 string and would love this.
Last edited by Stringz of Fury at Jul 22, 2011,
$2600 for this? NOPE.

Frankly I prefer the tones he gets out of his Triple Recto demo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Stringz of Fury

Edit: I read somewhere they cost about $2600 for that exact amp lol so stupid I have a 7 string and would love this.

Why don't they just use a 10 string and get it over and done with?

Or better still, switch to playing bass.

Amazing tightness on the bottom string when they chug, a change in aesthetics as well... although I'm not sure if tube changes will be easy.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Cant stand this amp, its like they tried to build that "axe" tone in an amp thats just as pricy as the Axe but a trillion times less useful.

Way too dry and un'amp like for me.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah this may not be the best overall tone but I still think it's the best tone for an 8 string. I've always just thought of 8 strings going to far in the low end but it actually sounds good on this thing.

Anyways yeah the rectifier demo tone is sweet too I plan on getting a dual rectifier in the near future.
Quote by MatrixClaw

As far as the demo goes - Ola processes the hell out of his YouTube recordings, so what you're hearing isn't the amp's true tone. It is pretty clear for an 8 string, but if I was going to play an 8 string, it'd be through an Axe-FX. They might have a weird midrange for me, but they can sound extremely clear, if you're doin it right.

All he really does is compress it, and cut out unwanted frequencies, not very much processing at all, have you watched his demo where he shows you how he works? It's not any more processed than what a professional studio would do. Plus, I hate video camera mic demos, destroys the amps tone, in a full mix is where you can hear the true potential of the amp, cause it just shows what it can do if put in a mix properly. It's impossible to record a amp to sound like it does in person, so why not just do the next best thing? Full mix.
Quote by Stringz of Fury

i heard the retail is going to be in the region of $3700....

The Forza Quattro was $3600 so this will be at least that.

im really liking the tones that are coming from it, shame that the european market is going to be bugger all if they screw us over on the price like most US companies.

like Matrix said it would be cool to see a 6 string in standard or Drop D to see what it sounds like but i can imagine that it'll be fairly epic tbh
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.