Looking into buying my first wah...

Tremonti is my favorite guitar player

I play metal, rock, classic rock, blues, like metallica..to zeppelin..to srv...so i need some variety.

My friend has a crybaby and i dont like how i cant move my foot alot. It seems the Tremonti wah has more sweep and allowing more Foot movement, i cant really explain it.

Tremont's wah adds a little dist boost, and has a 20db boost which i like. Also I like how the Tremonti wah doesnt have a switch you just push and play. Also how you can add boost if you want

Playing through a Fender Mustang &Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Tremonti: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/morley-mark-tremonti-wah-pedal/150758000000000

Crbaby: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/dunlop-original-crybaby-wah-pedal/151000000000000

Can't decide.
I'll sum up your post real quick:

"I want a wah, I don't want a crybaby, I want the Tremonti wah, which one should I get?"

It's blatant you want the tremonti, get the tremonti (though I'd pick a Bad Horsie II if I had that cash )
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'll sum up your post real quick:

"I want a wah, I don't want a crybaby, I want the Tremonti wah, which one should I get?"

It's blatant you want the tremonti, get the tremonti (though I'd pick a Bad Horsie II if I had that cash )

difference between bad horsie and Tremonti?

And i was alos thinking of the 535Q crybaby
I'm not entirely sure on the differencebetween the two I haven't looked into the Tremonti too much, but they have some similar features. (edit: Yeah the Bad Horsie and the Tremonti are quite different creatures, it's only the "switchless" style wah that's the same. The BH has two wah modes, one being "contour" (which is adjustable) and one being the standard Bad Horsie, where the Tremonti has the regular mode plus the 20Db boost you mentioned)

And I've heard nothing but good things about the 535Q crybaby.
When it comes to standard crybaby against any good wah (Such as the Tremonti) the crybaby will almost always lose.

But the 535Q is worth checking out.

I'd suggest to check all of your options out as best as you can (if you can't find them in shops extensively look around internet reviews, soundclips and videos to get a good idea of how they sound) because different wahs suit different people, so even if you think "Yeah [such and such] seems good" it might not quite be what you're after.
Last edited by Punk_Ninja at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I'm not entirely sure on the differencebetween the two I haven't looked into the Tremonti too much, but they have some similar features. (edit: Yeah the Bad Horsie and the Tremonti are quite different creatures, it's only the "switchless" style wah that's the same. The BH has two wah modes, one being "contour" (which is adjustable) and one being the standard Bad Horsie, where the Tremonti has the regular mode plus the 20Db boost you mentioned)

And I've heard nothing but good things about the 535Q crybaby.
When it comes to standard crybaby against any good wah (Such as the Tremonti) the crybaby will almost always lose.

But the 535Q is worth checking out.

I'd suggest to check all of your options out as best as you can (if you can't find them in shops extensively look around internet reviews, soundclips and videos to get a good idea of how they sound) because different wahs suit different people, so even if you think "Yeah [such and such] seems good" it might not quite be what you're after.

Thanks! You've Helped Alot! I'll keep looking into them!
I don't like the whole switchless thing. I like to be able to leave my Morley in a set position and have it there ready to roll at that position. One of the things I like most about my PWA is the way that the on/off switch isn't under the pedal.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
I don't like the whole switchless thing. I like to be able to leave my Morley in a set position and have it there ready to roll at that position. One of the things I like most about my PWA is the way that the on/off switch isn't under the pedal.

yeah i absolutely hate the under the pedal switch
I've had the 535 and the tremonti both. Ended up keeping the 535

Your best bet is to take your amp and guitar to a shop and try some wahs out