My friend just called me asking to bail him out of jail. He has been in for about 5 hours and says the bails bondsman he talked to said he needs $500 to be bailed out. I was under the impression that the defendent needs to request bail from the judge. Can he even get out tonight? The charges are: use of counterfeit money, burgalary, 2 drunk in publics, failure to pay a $1200 ticket, and running from a police officer.
Just let him chill in jail. The couple of times that people I know have asked me to bail them out I:

1) Didn't have the money

2) They were in jail for a reason, i.e. robbery, fighting, whatever. I'm not gonna drop several hundred bones on you for some stupid shit you did. Maybe if you got busted for a little weed and that's it, because that's dumb in the first place.

But for shit like your friends did? He's in jail for a reason.
Instead of paying $500 to bail him out, pay a criminal $500 to bum him. That'll learn him.
Member of the Laney Cult
I've done it for a few of my friends, but they've never been charged with that much at one time. Wow.
Thanks guys, exactly what I was thinking. I feel bad but somethings just need to be done. Cant sacrifice money I am saving up for a car to bail him out.
Commit something similar and get thrown in with him. Then you two can become everyones favorite prison cell duo, with your wacky antics and dynamic relationship. Then sell the idea of that as a sitcom to AMC and become rich.

???

Profit!
Quote by captaincrunk
It looks more like he's let them add up without showing up for court.

Yeah he had warrants for the ticket, burgalry, and the failure to show in court for the drunk in publics. He was just nabbed today for spending a fake $20 bill at Del Taco that his friend gave him
Quote by captaincrunk
It looks more like he's let them add up without showing up for court.

I figured as much.

Burglary though, TS? Why are you hanging out with thieves?
Let him be.

edit:

You only bail out people who done something illegal by accident and want atonement.

Your friend sounds like a dick and you will never get your 500$ back
Last edited by Zeletros at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by Guitarguyteddyb
youll get it back if he goesto court for it.

do it

youd want him to do it for you

And if he doesn't show for court (Which sounds like it's something he's notorious for), TS is out $500.
Quote by chronic_stp
Yeah he had warrants for the ticket, burgalry, and the failure to show in court for the drunk in publics. He was just nabbed today for spending a fake $20 bill at Del Taco that his friend gave him

He sounds like a massive idiot. How exactly did you become friends?
Does your friend not have family to help him out or are they just reluctant to help him because he's a jerk? Like others have already said, if he were not a habitual offender you would get most of it back when he went to court but he probably won't show up so it would be your loss.

I had a couple friends get arrested and their bail was over 100 thousand each, or 10 thousand to a bondsman. One is still in jail and the other got a lawyer through his girlfriend for like a thousand dollars and is out after 2 months in.
He is 18 and was making around $1200 a week. Started taking ecstasy every night and now he has lost his job and is homeless, family wants nothing to do with him, etc. Now he steals to survive. I doubt he would show up to court so I decided not to bother. He needs to learn a lesson.

And to answer some peoples questions... yes he is an idiot.

What does TS mean? I've been called that 3 times on this site today...
Quote by chronic_stp
Taking a wild guess...TS: thread starter?

THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Try to pay the bail with counterfeit money. That would be hilarious.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by cptcomet
Try to pay the bail with counterfeit money. That would be hilarious.

this
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Commit something similar and get thrown in with him. Then you two can become everyones favorite prison cell duo, with your wacky antics and dynamic relationship. Then sell the idea of that as a sitcom to AMC and become rich.

???

Profit!

At 5 am I find this really funny
Quote by Guitarguyteddyb
youll get it back if he goesto court for it.

do it

youd want him to do it for you

No. He would get it back if the guy was acquitted/found not guilty/had the charges dropped. But that won't happen.

Paying bail for someone who is obviously guilty is just throwing money at the state to let him out until he has to go to court. Nobody will be payed back, but if the judge is in a good mood, they might make it so that the bail goes to fines.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
I'm willing to trade you my get-out-of-jail-free-card, but I want the racecar. I'm so sick of pushing this thimble around like I'm some 70-year-old woman.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I'm willing to trade you my get-out-of-jail-free-card, but I want the racecar. I'm so sick of pushing this thimble around like I'm some 70-year-old woman.

Everyone wants the race car, bro. Get it line.
Quote by JaykeSucks
Instead of paying $500 to bail him out, pay a criminal $500 to bum him. That'll learn him.

That'll teach him*
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I got arrested once for driving on a suspended license with prior. My dad was out of town and wanted my mom to get me out that night but she wouldn't. They let me stay there from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. I tell ya, after that, any time I've got a ticket since I've made sure to pay it and keep my license valid. All it took was a weekend and I don't ever want to go through that again.

tl;dr - let him sit - it might do him some good.
Quote by daytripper75
Everyone wants the race car, bro. Get it line.

Seems like I'm holding the trump card, Matt.

I actually like the boat better. It's so detailed and I like the sea.

Quote by bklinger83
I got arrested once for driving on a suspended license with prior. My dad was out of town and wanted my mom to get me out that night but she wouldn't. They let me stay there from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. I tell ya, after that, any time I've got a ticket since I've made sure to pay it and keep my license valid. All it took was a weekend and I don't ever want to go through that again.

tl;dr - let him sit - it might do him some good.

Is that even legal?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████