Alright so after months of searching for a MIM fender strat for under $300, guitar center finally had a good deal where they would take 15% off any item in their store. So I found this baby while just randomly going to the store one day on sale used for $299. So, with that discount, it finally brought it down to $275.64 which I thought was pretty reasonable. I've been looking for one with a maple neck and was deciding between this one, and another one that was a different color but same price.

When I bought the guitar, it was apparently a new used item in stock that had just arrived the week before. It had to be on a "police hold" until July 19 and I had decided to buy it July 5 so I had to wait an agonizing 2 weeks before I could actually play with it. When the day came though, I drove to Guitar Center as early, picked it up, and left to drive home as fast as I could lol. So here she is:

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/PatrickStar922/2011-07-19130054.jpg
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/PatrickStar922/2011-07-19130046.jpg
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z450/PatrickStar922/2011-07-21231254.jpg

Feel: The feel of the guitar is smooth and I am able to play with ease. The neck and new strings feel really nice against my fingers and overall I really dug the feel of this one than the other one that was on sale.

Sound: The sound is excellent. It's not the best, but after some pickup changes it's gonna definitely sound beautiful. It doesn't buzz as much as a I thought it would, so that was a definitely plus for me. Those single coils are definitely the sound I wanted after being stuck with a low end epiphone les paul for a while.

Appearance: It looks absolutely brilliant. I really dig that sunburst color and the maple neck look, though I'm thinking of changing up the pickguard for maybe a vintage sort of color. There are a few "finger stains" on the neck, but I was told those were merely cosmetic and shouldn't affect the guitar too much. There are also a few scratches, but that was to be expected on a used guitar. Otherwise, it looks stunningly new and in tip-top shape.

So yea, I'm about to gig with it on Sunday so I can test out its reliability issues as well as a better review on its sound while playing with other instruments around.
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
HNGD!
MIM strats are killer when they're that price!
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Wow that's a killer price.... HNMIMGD!
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by EncoreBlade

There ya go

HNGD. Beautiful strat
Last edited by W4RP1G at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by W4RP1G
There ya go

HNGD. Beautiful strat

hey howd ya do that?
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by EncoreBlade
hey howd ya do that?

(Invalid img)
Last edited by W4RP1G at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by W4RP1G
(Invalid img)

cool. will do next time. I've got some money for a new pedal so this would come in handy. Also since I'm here, are the Fender Noiseless Pickups a good investment to buy, or should I get the Texas specials?
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by EncoreBlade
cool. will do next time. I've got some money for a new pedal so this would come in handy. Also since I'm here, are the Fender Noiseless Pickups a good investment to buy, or should I get the Texas specials?

I say find a sound you like and use those pickups. It would be unrealistic to expect someone else's sound from a pickup change, but it's a step in that direction and a good way to hear it first. And this includes youtube videos as well.

Personally, I put noiseless second to tone. I want it to sound good, if it happens to be noiseless too, then that's a plus, but it really doesn't matter to me. Just make sure you shield everything while you have the pickguard off. I paint the cavity with conductive paint, and then use some spray adhesive and line everything with foil. They say copper tape works better, but I haven't used it on my guitars yet.

Oh yeah, GFS pickups are pretty awesome bang for the buck.
Quote by EncoreBlade

Texas specials dude. All the way. Have em in my strat and I love them
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Has any one else noticed that the lines in the lining on the lid of the case in the second picture spell welcome?
Any ways, HNGD!
Quote by robhc
Has any one else noticed that the lines in the lining on the lid of the case in the second picture spell welcome?
Any ways, HNGD!

LOL I was hoping someone would notice that! Anyways, yea I was also looking at those GFS pickups, particularly the 1963 Strat Professional Series, and was wondering if those are good too. They sell for half the price of the Texas Specials so I was wondering if they were any good?
Current/Main Gear
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8