Is it okay to throw out your trash in someone else's outside garbage can?

I was going for a walk today, and after I finished my water bottle, I was just carrying it around since I'm not one to litter. I was in a neighborhood though, and apparently in that neighborhood it was garbage day so everyone had their trash cans out on the sidewalk.

So. Would it be morally okay for me to throw my water bottle into someone's recycling garbage can? Would any of you guys do it?

Discuss.
Yes and also put a cat in one
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
notinteresting.jpg
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Just a water bottle... pfft. No problem.

I thought you meant full bags of rubbish. I was coming in here to tell you to make sure theres no paper/documents with your name on them before doing this.

Water bottle... nobodys gonna care.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Quote by 100%guitarmad
That is fine.

Had to find it

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

If you did that in my garbage can we would have big problems. I would be up on you like a
mother-bitch.

Be careful if this is the path you are going down. I am not the only mentally unstable person with a garbage can, I reckon.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Last edited by ripple07 at Jul 22, 2011,
that woman is evil
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by unnamedplayer
that woman is evil

The cat got it's own back :-)

Quote by lambofgod127

FUCK NO.

TS, what you did is fine. A water bottle or some other small item is not a big deal, especially if the bins are out in the street. But about 10 years I had neighbours who used to actually come into my yard and put their rubbish in our bin if theirs was full. Disgusting people.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by Duffman123
That's purrty funny.

It was (I certainly lol'd, still do) but then you think.......why would this middle age woman think 'oh I'll put this in here.....that will be funny'

If it would have been a bunch of kids or teenagers fair enough I could understand where they were coming from (not saying that it would be ok but...)
Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by slash_GNR666
It was (I certainly lol'd, still do) but then you think.......why would this middle age woman think 'oh I'll put this in here.....that will be funny'

If it would have been a bunch of kids or teenagers fair enough I could understand where they were coming from (not saying that it would be ok but...)

Are you saying it would be ok if a teenager did it? I disagree with that.

Isn't it illegal to put your garbage in another persons receptacle? I mean... you have to pay for garbage service...
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
Are you saying it would be ok if a teenager did it? I disagree with that.

Quote by myself

Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by slash_GNR666

She probably has mental problems.

And I only made that comment for the pun >_>

still funny though
Quote by Duffman123
She probably has mental problems.

And I only made that comment for the pun >_>

I know
Quote by lambofgod127

It's fine. Although people would probably get pissed nowadays in the UK because we all have to recycle, and it wasn't put into the right bin etc.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I think stufflike a bottle is generally okay, I still don't do it though, just because I don't know the feelings the people who own the bin have on the matter (and I'd rather not have an elderly dear come out to shout at me for throwing stuff in her bin).

...though one time when I stayed at a friends house for new years, it was the night before garbage day (and all through the house......) but his bin had been stolen...so shamefully I had to help him go round finding bins which had room to put his stuff in...

On balance I would say yes, your two options of either littering the street or using someone else's bin.

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
FUCK NO.

But about 10 years I had neighbours who used to actually come into my yard and put their rubbish in our bin if theirs was full. Disgusting people.

I don't see a problem with this as long as they had your permission and they would return the favor if you had too much rubbish. It's what we do were I live it makes everything a bit easier.
Quote by AVIDFANOFSOUNDS

I don't see a problem with this as long as they had your permission and they would return the favor if you had too much rubbish. It's what we do were I live it makes everything a bit easier.

I can imagine living in a gypsy encampment to be hard, so any little perks...
Didn't read any of the replies.

As long as it's not something massive (Like a huge cardboard from your new fan or something) I think it's fine. Something small like a water bottle wouldn't be too much.
Yeah, I would say that is fine. Unless it is a BIG bag of rubbish... then you would have to ask the person if it's okay. I'd be annoyed if somebody did that to me, tbh.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Yeah - as long as your not in an area where they weight trash and charge.

I mean, as already said, I wouldn't put something big like a sofa in it or anything... but ... yeah

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Of course it's fine to put an empty bottle or whatever in someone else's bin. As long as there's still space left in it it doesn't matter. Would you care if someone did it to you?
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I've thrown bottles into people's recycling cans before. I don't think it's a big deal.

As long as it's something small like that I don't see the problem. I would never go and put full bags of trash in someone's bin though.
Quote by trollface5
Yes, would they rather you throw it on the ground?

I THREW IT ON THE GROUND!
I do it all the time with empty bottles and chip wrappers etc. As long as you aren't constantly putting bags of it all over their property they can't say a lot. Worst they can do is just give it back