So i have 2 humbuckers. I want to install a coil split to split the pickups into singlecoil mode. I have 1 volume and 1 tone. (I dont ned a push/pull button for both, right?) Do anybody know where i can find the wiering diagrams? Also what is the pros/cons of a coil split vs 5 way switch?
the duncan website has a bunch of wiring diagrams. just bear in mind their colour-coding of the wires may be different from the colour-coding of the pickups you're using.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
unless your humbuckers are designed for coil splitting, you will not deable to split them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ Good point. I just assumed that he knew that.
T.S you need 4 wire pick ups to do this.

Also I forgot to mention that you can do it with either a 5 way switch or push pull pots.
If you use only 1 push pull pot , then both p/us will be spilt at the same time.
If you use 2 push pulls you can have different combinations of each.
A 5 way switch will let you split one at a time but I don't think you will be able to play with both p/u's selected in split mode.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
Last edited by GOLDIE93 at Jul 22, 2011,