Hey I've been recording stuff for a while now, and I've mainly been using dfh ezdrummer, and we finally decided to start to mic the drums. I'm running pro tools 8.03 LE, and have a mbox mini, with only one XLR input, now I want to have the drums as separate tracks, (snare, kick toms etc.) How do I go about doing this?
Quote by M3lodeath
Hey I've been recording stuff for a while now, and I've mainly been using dfh ezdrummer, and we finally decided to start to mic the drums. I'm running pro tools 8.03 LE, and have a mbox mini, with only one XLR input, now I want to have the drums as separate tracks, (snare, kick toms etc.) How do I go about doing this?

You can't without getting a new interface that has the relevant number of inputs...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Yep, I had much the same issue a few months ago. I ended buying a Zoom R16 which has 8 inputs. Time to start searching for a new interface!
I'll tell you what NOT to buy: Midiman Delta anything!

I bought the Delta 1010 in 2001 and it has served me very well over the years. Still sounds superb for home theater, music playback and so on...

But there is a crackling noise issue that the kind and considerate people at Midiman haven't dealt with. Apparently it's caused by an energy-saving feature of Windows 7 known as "Thermal Cycling," and actually a lot of interfaces have that problem.

The only way to effectively avoid having this problem is to simply buy an interface that doesn't have the problem.

Otherwise you're screwed.

So whatever you shop for definitely google "(name of product) + thermal cycling noise" and see what comes up.

It's fairly common these days, and a lot of manufacturers have done f**k-all about it. I'd buy a different unit if I could, but I can't so I just deal with it. It's only on mixing anyway and so it doesn't effect the recordings or final product (thank God!)

...a lot of them do, though. Real pain in the arse.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

if you wanna run protools le8.03 you will need a digi 003 with an adat preamp unit or a 003+

the 00X family is going to be discontinued soon so you might be able to pick one up cheap

or go for the crossgrade which is £120 and then go for a cheaper 8 channel interface
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
I'll tell you what NOT to buy: Midiman Delta anything!

I bought the Delta 1010 in 2001 and it has served me very well over the years. Still sounds superb for home theater, music playback and so on...

But there is a crackling noise issue that the kind and considerate people at Midiman haven't dealt with. Apparently it's caused by an energy-saving feature of Windows 7 known as "Thermal Cycling," and actually a lot of interfaces have that problem.

The only way to effectively avoid having this problem is to simply buy an interface that doesn't have the problem.

Otherwise you're screwed.

So whatever you shop for definitely google "(name of product) + thermal cycling noise" and see what comes up.

It's fairly common these days, and a lot of manufacturers have done f**k-all about it. I'd buy a different unit if I could, but I can't so I just deal with it. It's only on mixing anyway and so it doesn't effect the recordings or final product (thank God!)

...a lot of them do, though. Real pain in the arse.

Fascinating. I loved my Delta1010.... much like yourself, apparently. And then, when I upgraded to Win7, I experienced the same thing. I f**ked around with drivers and everything for hours and over a number of days. I thought the unit itself was screwed somehow, except it worked brilliantly on XP.

Never did find out what the issue was, but my Steinberg MR816 does not have the same issues and is a considerably better unit with great preamps.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.