From what I understand you cannot change a guitar track's audio soundbank (e.g. from a les paul to a strat) once the track has had notes added to it.

To change it, you need to create a new track, select your sound, and copy and paste the notes into the new track.

Is there a way of just copying the track in its entirety and changing the sound?
Guitar pro 6 sucks, get 5 and forget about trying to make it sound good, because it won't
Quote by Privet Tovarish
From what I understand you cannot change a guitar track's audio soundbank (e.g. from a les paul to a strat) once the track has had notes added to it.

To change it, you need to create a new track, select your sound, and copy and paste the notes into the new track.

Is there a way of just copying the track in its entirety and changing the sound?

You have a sidebar for that in GP6

Look:

The Blue Letters stand for the Pickups. If you want distortion change that in the effects tab

And it even works when there are notes added to it. If not you're doing it wrong in some way nobody could even come up with.
Last edited by Tomura at Jul 22, 2011,
It does in my version. At least if you switch from strat to Les Paul it's really noticable. It even works while playing the song. The effect may vary depending on what amp and effects you choose.
Last edited by Tomura at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by Tomura
It does in my version. At least if you switch from strat to Les Paul it's really noticable. It even works while playing the song. The effect may vary depending on what amp and effects you choose.

It even says in the manual: "Tip: Once the instrument has been selected you won‘t be able to change it for that particular track (nor can you change the number of strings). You can however convert an instrument into another instrument by use of Cut/Copy/Paste; and the notes get automatically transposed. It is also possible to change the soundbank attributed to the track, thus associating any soundbank to any instrument (outside of percussions)."
Changing Instument =/= Changing Soundbank

When Selecting an Instrument when creating a new Track it applies specific settings to the track. The biggest extreme would be if you set it to drums you can only use drum soundbanks. Or if you set it to violin you have that violin neck on your tuning tab in the sidebar. etc.
This can't be changed after the creation.
If you choose guitar as an Instrument you can't change the number of strings but you can apply another soundbank to it. So it's possible to have a Track with guitar as an Instrument to use the Hapsichord Soundbank.

The Instrument setting doesn't have much to do with the sound but rather with the settings you can apply to the track.

At least it's like that for me.
Quote by Tomura

When Selecting an Instrument when creating a new Track it applies specific settings to the track. The biggest extreme would be if you set it to drums you can only use drum soundbanks. Or if you set it to violin you have that violin neck on your tuning tab in the sidebar. etc.
If you choose guitar as an Instrument you can't change the number of strings but you can apply another soundbank to it. So it's possible to have a Track with guitar as an Instrument to use the Hapsichord Soundbank.

The Instrument setting doesn't have much to do with the sound but rather with the settings you can apply to the track.

pretty much this!
for me as well
Quote by Tomura

Oh I just noticed, yes it does change, the difference is just minor