Hey,

I'm seriously considering splurging on one of these two pedals to use as a seperate distortion. I play a Traynor YCV50 Blue which as an amp (and for the band I'm in) I love, but the gain channel is not brilliant. I want a distortion that is thick and solid, and handles palm mutting well, without sounding too harsh. I want a distortion that will take me from smooth and bassey, into death metal teratory, and then to harsh and nasaly thrash. Is there such a pedal? The Okko donimator seems to be the all arounder, but I have been tempted with a Railhead T.U.A, which is considerably cheaper, atleast in the UK, but seems to be a bit of a one trick pony.

I know the 'real' solution is to get a secondary high gain amp, but this is really not practical as I have no room for one, and it would be over kill when 90% of my playing in a band situation these days is much more chilled out stuff.

Any thoughts?
Well, here are some pedals you should check out:
Goosoniqueworkx Seventhheaven
Wheebo Morbid Drive
Emma something, the name is like PisiDOIwayt something

Check out xtimehascomex on youtube, he has a bunch of high gain pedal shootouts, and plays the brootz through stuff people say is only good for blues...
Quote by Grawgos
I have the TUA and it will not get you deep, thick bass. I would go for the dominator or the morbid drive.

That's good info thanks. It just looks like a really awesome pedal, have you played the Dominator? I have seen videos with the 2 side by side, and it's pretty hard to hear them well, both sound decent but I tend to lean towards the T.U.A everytime.

Anyone know if the Emma psidoYOUWat or whatever it is called on a par with the dominator?
I don't own the dominator, I bought a Wampler Triple Wreck and it produces the sound I was looking for, so I have stopped buying distortion pedals.

I was looking at the morbid drive before I bought the TW, but no US dealers and a bad exchange rate and shipping knocked it off my list.

You might want to look at the Rivera metal shaman too.
Quote by Grawgos
You might want to look at the Rivera metal shaman too.

+1

Reviews of the Shaman seem promising, but I haven't seen an GG&Aer chime in on one yet
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.