I can get them...just not consistant, and I cant get them to be loud enoug. Whenever I'm around my friends or jamming with other people i can never do them. I don't know what Im doing wrong, I'm talking about the Zakk Wylde Pinch's on the 6th string. Tips are appreciated
Jon Donais from Shadows fall Youtube lesson on pinch harmonics. I tell anyone struggling with them to watch it. EQ your guitar with enough bass and mids otherwise they will sound weak.
i also need help with pinch harmonics...sorry to highjack ur thread OP, i just got a quick question since its relevant....

sometimes when doing pinch harmonics i'll raise the pitch of a note a little bit, and as i keep trying i'll raise the pitch even more(it seems)

so is there different levels of harmonics you can do??

also, just like op, any general tips?....amp settings? guitar settings?...type of pick or strings?

...i realize its technique but still these things help. when i set my guitar to the bridge pickup with tone all the way up they sound better.
Quote by davem27
i also need help with pinch harmonics...sorry to highjack ur thread OP, i just got a quick question since its relevant....

sometimes when doing pinch harmonics i'll raise the pitch of a note a little bit, and as i keep trying i'll raise the pitch even more(it seems)

so is there different levels of harmonics you can do??

also, just like op, any general tips?....amp settings? guitar settings?...type of pick or strings?

...i realize its technique but still these things help. when i set my guitar to the bridge pickup with tone all the way up they sound better.

The different "levels" of harmonics depends on where you pinch on the string.
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9