Ok, so I'm going to take the middle pickup from my strat and put it in the bridge position and vice versa. I was just wondering: would the middle pickup sound bad in the bridge position? If there's not much of a difference, than I'll go-ahead and switch them. The reason I'm switching them is because I want the tone knob to control the pickup in the bridge position. I don't think this should go in gb and c because it's about pickups, not exactly modding. Thanks
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I have the pickguard off right now. How would I know? It's the stock pickups from my Squier affinity strat.
Switch them and see if you like it
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Try it, and if it sounds bad, switch it back.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Yeah, but then I'll have to open it up again and it takes time. I guess I can try it. I'll tell you guys how it goes.

Um, how do you take them out?(I couldnt really find anything good on google)
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 22, 2011,
chances are they are all the same pickups. Swap them and you should get you wanted out of the swap
unscrew the screws on either side of both pups, making sure you keep the springs that sit under the pickguars, the swcrew them back - after swapping, making sure they have the springs in the same place as before
Ok thanks.
Ok, I did it, my first successful strat mod! I'm so proud of myself for doing it correctly. I only put one string back on and the tone knob now controls the bridge pickup. I get alot more versatility now with the pickups. But the only thing is that now the pickup selector is like backwards, so the bridge pickup position is the middle pickup and the middle pickup position is the bridge but I don't mind at all.