i like recording king as a brand, good stuff and a very good value. the recording king you're looking at has a solid top, whereas your yamaha is all laminate. that does make it a step upward. and the rk has an englemann top - i'm personally very partial to englemann.

that being said, you may prefer the tone of your yamaha - there's never any guarantee that a person will like a particular guitar even if the specs are right. that's why it's often a good idea to try before you buy. if it were me, i'd go for it, but then i know i like englemann. if you go for it, can you hang onto the yamaha and compare?
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by patticake
i like recording king as a brand, good stuff and a very good value. the recording king you're looking at has a solid top, whereas your yamaha is all laminate. that does make it a step upward. and the rk has an englemann top - i'm personally very partial to englemann.

that being said, you may prefer the tone of your yamaha - there's never any guarantee that a person will like a particular guitar even if the specs are right. that's why it's often a good idea to try before you buy. if it were me, i'd go for it, but then i know i like englemann. if you go for it, can you hang onto the yamaha and compare?

I can't try it, as there are now shops where I live, which sells recording kings.