Budget: up to about £400, maybe a bit higher. I'll have to save the £400 anyway, a bit more wont hurt.

Genre: Alternative/Indie/Rock. chuck a bit of grunge and surf in there for good measure.

New or Used: either, i dont mind used.

Home or Gigging: home for now, but hopefully gigging in the near future. I dont mind micing up a smaller amp.

Closest city: Portsmouth, but i do most shopping online.

Current gear: Fender mexican Telecaster, Boss ME-25, Electro harmonix small stone, Fender Mustang 2.

I know you probably get loads of threads like this, but ive been looking at amps recently and have been a little overwhelmed by the choices, so would really appreciate some help. thanks.
Quote by JakeElson
What about the vox? what are the cleans like on them?

Sparkly, Vox's are highly praised for cleans
traynor ycv50b from thomann, maybe?

EDIT: i've always heard voxes being described as being chimey rather than sparkley. maybe that's the usual arcane, esoteric BS, but they don't really sound like a blackface fender either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ive heard fenders have fantastic cleans, what fenders are there in my budget? also, one that caught my eye when i was looking before was the blackstar ht-5 mini stack, is that any good?
ah right. maybe not then. quite a few i looked at were heads, are there any advantages with saving up a bit more and getting a head and cab, to getting a combo?
Go with the vox advt combo series. or a bugera they have good cleans and are in your price range if you buy used. Plus the Bugera is a tube amp and you can change the tubes to get more botique style tones.
the vox night train is a good buy too you can get a few of them for pretty cheap.
ya it does really well with cleans. The dirty doesn't get the metal tone but I don't think you are really looking for that.
Quote by JakeElson
ive heard fenders have fantastic cleans, what fenders are there in my budget? also, one that caught my eye when i was looking before was the blackstar ht-5 mini stack, is that any good?

maybe a blues junior or pro junior

music store cologne does some amps under the fame brand which are under budget and which are allegedly copies of the pro junior for less money, but I haven't tried them and have no idea what they're like. there's also a 40 watt version, which doesn't seem to be an exact copy of anything, but which does still seem to be fendery. pretty light on features, though (not that the fenders have many either).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I gigged woth a Marshall valvestate, it wasn't great but I gotta half descent tone from it, I'd seccond ject city foryour price range right nowthere is a box damaged still warantied JC100H head on ebay for your price I think, they are awesome quality heads
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
A Bugera 1960 would be a fantastic shot as well, it's basically a budget copy of a Marshall Plexi
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?