i recently finished up some work a telecaster i got a little while back. It now has a Curtis Novak Jazzmaster in the neck and a Seymour Duncan SJag-2 in the bridge.

Let me know whatca think
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
What is that holding the bridge pickup in? It looks a little like electrical tape...
Looks sweet, and I bet it sounds sweet. Is the tape around the bridge pup just to cover up some empty space from the original? Or did something go terribly wrong in an unfortunate shmelting accident?
Quote by Skullivan
Looks sweet, and I bet it sounds sweet. Is the tape around the bridge pup just to cover up some empty space from the original? Or did something go terribly wrong in an unfortunate shmelting accident?

austin powers references FTW

and looks like a tele to me... not really much different other than you've put a P90 in the neck and the bridge p-up looks a bit shoddy, not gonna lie.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
its not a p90 its a jazzmaster pickup and the electrical tape is just there to hide the huge route that is there. The jaguar pickup isnt held up by anything its just screwed into the body. The jaguar pickup was just a little to wide for the route, so i took a little off to make it fit.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
Quote by aroth897
its not a p90 its a jazzmaster pickup and the electrical tape is just there to hide the huge route that is there. The jaguar pickup isnt held up by anything its just screwed into the body. The jaguar pickup was just a little to wide for the route, so i took a little off to make it fit.

It might be a JM pickup on the inside but that's a dog ear p90 case. My only suggestion is maybe someday cut a custom guard for that thing, also how does it sound?
has the bridge been cut down? you could get a new bridge pretty cheap and it wouldn't look so questionable.
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs
If you get a blank pickguard sheet you can cut a custom to fit perfetly, and look better. But if you like and it sounds good then thats OK with me!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yea the whole setup is just a temp thing. Eventually im going to fix it up, i was thinking of just using some plexi glass that i painted white to fit in there. I got a new bridge for it but didn't realize until the last minute that it was for a telecaster that has a string through body, which my telecaster is not. So a lot of this was me just wanting to get the damn thing done and not wanting to wait anymore. Next time i change the strings i plan on fixing it up a little bit. But i must say this thing sounds great, especially in the middle position. The jazzmaster and the jaguar pickup seem to balance pretty well. I have to say that im pretty pleased with the whole project. Also im thinking about getting a claw and a cover for the jaguar pickup any ideas on that?

edit: im also going to put some 1meg pots in
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot
Fender Blues Jr
VOX AC4
Ibanez TS-9
Boss PH-2
Last edited by aroth897 at Jul 23, 2011,