i just got a de-rection.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Maybe the 'Join Date: May 2011' suggests something about this...
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
no offense, but what would the point of that be? it seems silly. and how would we know for sure if it was the most, and that there wasn't sometime in like '04 or '07 with more?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
What is the record?
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
I'm quite sure it's not as active as it was at the time of the current record.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Eric_Fail
What is the record?

Most users ever online was 4741, 07-05-2010 at 08:57 PM.
One time my friend was taking notes with a pencil. He turns to me with a look of sincere concern and says, "When I press down too hard, the lead gets all thick and smudgy. But if I do it too lightly, it gets hard to read. What do you do?" I didn't answer him. This 'problem' was so uninteresting to me that it made my head hurt, and I may have cried.

I only reference this boring-ass incident to give you a frame of reference for how much I care. I'm really only typing this so my boss thinks I'm doing work until I can safely leave at 4:45. Aaaaand there we go.
i mean it be just something fun to for the summer. If we can get everyone who posts or at least lurks to be online. Or at least tell everyone to just leave thier browsers running.

it be nice to feel as if this community can do somethingproductive, although small it is productive. To work as a common entity to make something happen
Quote by laid-to-waste

Wtf?

There's 1.9 million members registered. And that is the record? That's weak.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by laid-to-waste

how do you know that that is accurate though? maybe it only goes back until like 2006 or something, and before that there were more?

Quote by Guitarguyteddyb
i mean it be just something fun to for the summer. If we can get everyone who posts or at least lurks to be online. Or at least tell everyone to just leave thier browsers running.

it be nice to feel as if this community can do somethingproductive, although small it is productive. To work as a common entity to make something happen

that's not really productive. in fact, if we got a large number of users on at once, it might cause UG to slow down too much, and then people that actually need advice on important guitar related things might not be able to get it, and that would be counterproductive.

i don't see anything good coming out of this.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Jul 22, 2011,
Nah, I was online when the current record was set, so i really don't care.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by laid-to-waste

Hmm doubt we could beat that record. Does anyone know if there was a special occasion that day or has the pit just got way less popular?
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by muffinduck01
Nah, I was online when the current record was set, so i really don't care.

so was i.

Quote by Eric_Fail
or has the pit just got way less popular?

when was it that you started posting frequently?
Quote by Eric_Fail
Hmm doubt we could beat that record. Does anyone know if there was a special occasion that day or has the pit just got way less popular?

Has to do with timezones and stuff. It needs to be night in USA for it to reach that number I reckon. And not a friday I think.

Quote by theogonia777

that's not really productive. in fact, if we got a large number of users on at once, it might cause UG to slow down too much, and then people that actually need advice on important guitar related things might not be able to get it, and that would be counterproductive.

lol guitar related things. Since when has UG anything to do with guitars? It's about poop, dicks and trolling.
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Wtf?

There's 1.9 million members registered. And that is the record? That's weak.

how is that weak? 1.9 million is including the shocking amount of multis, the people that signed up, posted once about their band and never came back, bots, people looking to post on a thread they googled once, people that have a question about a problem they have with their gear, and active users that have come on and off since the year 2000. 4000+ is a fucking lot to have at one time.
Chances are that the people who would actually take time to log in when it is organized are those who are online often already. Those who we would need to come online to make a new record, the infrequent users, probably wouldn't even get in here to see the organized date. Not only that, you would probably have better results attempting this in winter when people aren't out as often and spend more time on the internet.

/serious answer
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Lion_Slicer
One time my friend was taking notes with a pencil. He turns to me with a look of sincere concern and says, "When I press down too hard, the lead gets all thick and smudgy. But if I do it too lightly, it gets hard to read. What do you do?" I didn't answer him. This 'problem' was so uninteresting to me that it made my head hurt, and I may have cried.

I only reference this boring-ass incident to give you a frame of reference for how much I care. I'm really only typing this so my boss thinks I'm doing work until I can safely leave at 4:45. Aaaaand there we go.

win

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by laid-to-waste
how is that weak? 1.9 million is including the shocking amount of multis, the people that signed up, posted once about their band and never came back, bots, people looking to post on a thread they googled once, people that have a question about a problem they have with their gear, and active users that have come on and off since the year 2000. 4000+ is a fucking lot to have at one time.

bla bla bla 4000 out of 1.9 million is still weak.
nobody likes to be on here though. I haven't posted on here in months, and I come back for one night, and I'm already contemplating quitting again.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
This thread gave me cancer.
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

Quote by RampagingAcorn
This thread gave me cancer.
THAT IS NOT HOW CANCER WORKS!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown