So I know I've been posting alot of stuff like this but I need more opinions. In a couple weeks ill get my pay for the month and by then ill have about 1000 dollars. I've been making due with a mim tele but that gets old after a while. What's the absolute best sounding, best quality guitar I can get for 1000 or under. Im really leaning towards an american tele. I play blues(Hendrix, zeppelin type stuff), alot of sixties stuff like cream and pink floyd and alot of more modem indie stuff. I also play in the worship band at my church. I need a guitar that can handle all that. Your opinions?
Either a SSS Strat, a tele, or maybe a les paul, Hendrix used strats, and jimmy page used les pauls live...
Quote by kevinn20
Either a SSS Strat, a tele, or maybe a les paul, Hendrix used strats, and jimmy page used les pauls live...

Yea I've heard good things about the les Paul studios. Has anyone ever played one the fender american specials?
best is subjective.

maybe a G&L of some sort with single/Humbucker combo.

what kind of amp do you have?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by the_white_bunny
best is subjective.

maybe a G&L of some sort with single/Humbucker combo.

what kind of amp do you have?

I can never find g&l's anywhere. And I play through a fender hot rod deluxe
yeah some sort of H S set up would be great for you.
but if you have a tele and jag and other fenders what are you looking for?
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Paul Reed Smith would be an excellent choice. Gibsons and Fenders are too overrated these days and one gets sick of them soon as they are anything but original. Do a good search and only then when you are sure of what you are going to get buy it.
Thanks everyone. I have a mim tele and im thinking about selling that for extra guitar money. what's the best way to go about this?
Quote by theianmacphee
Thanks everyone. I have a mim tele and im thinking about selling that for extra guitar money. what's the best way to go about this?

Craigslist, Ebay or take it to a local shop to see how much you can get.
If you want the upmost in versatility out of that amp, I would pass on a telecaster. they are just a little bit too bright to coax jazzier and creamy lead tones out of the amp (I have an HRD, with a Celestion Vintage 30, and I play a tele).

I would try to get an HSS strat of some kind. a strat is one of the most versatile guitars around, and putting a humbucker in the bridge will simply help insure that you can play somewhat more modern rock or heavier stuff without getting too muddy.
Are strats really that great? I always think of strats as a guitar stereotype(whenever you see a guitar postcard or anything guitar related their playing strats) and I always think of the terrible hair metal bands that play strats
strats are versatile as hell and really dependable. I would look at a Fender Jaguar HH Special, a les paul or a strat. they are all reliable, solid guitars that won't let you down. but as stated before there are a lot of options for you. Go play a bunch of stuff and see what feels right. $1k is going to get you are very good guitar, take your time and get one you love.
And what's everyones thought on sg's? I've seen Hendrix, Clapton, and the other greats play them.
PRS CE22/24 are amazing guitars, and go for ~$1000ish used. They are amazingly versitile and sound superb. Just think of them as a poor-mans custom 22/24, they are identical in every way, except they have a bolt-on maple neck.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate