I know most people just bash the Marshall but I'm on a pretty tight budget and these are the two best I could find for my budget.

Which is better? I play metal such as Avenged Sevenfold and SOAD and my guitar is a Schecter Synyster Standard.
For a guitar like the synyster you really should have a better amp than certainly the marshall, although I can't speak for the orange. How low is your budget exactly? And would you be willing to go used on an amp?
Quote by slashfan226
For a guitar like the synyster you really should have a better amp than certainly the marshall, although I can't speak for the orange. How low is your budget exactly? And would you be willing to go used on an amp?

The budget is about £200 but I might be able to stretch to £250 and about used I'm not sure I would have to consider the quality of the amp.
You should also consider the roland cube 20, peavey vypyr 30, and the vox vt15.

Those are pretty much the standard amps everyone will recommend here. All around 200 bucks and all are better than the MG.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Try looking through gumtree every now and again for decent amps, you'll be amazed at what you can find on there, my mate managed to get a marshall jcm900 for 260 a coupla weeks ago. But try to test the amp before you buy it obviously.
The vox vt-40 would seem like a natural choice, but I don't think it would have the tone you're looking for...
Quote by slashfan226
Try looking through gumtree every now and again for decent amps, you'll be amazed at what you can find on there, my mate managed to get a marshall jcm900 for 260 a coupla weeks ago. But try to test the amp before you buy it obviously.
The vox vt-40 would seem like a natural choice, but I don't think it would have the tone you're looking for...

Well that is a stupidly good deal! What is this gumtree thing and how do I participate?

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
Just go onto www.gumtree.com and search for what you're looking for, in the city you live in. And it'll come up with all the adverts people have put on there. It's like the classified ads in newspapers, but all online (I also picked up a micro cube for £5 on there)
Peavey Vypyr or Roland Cube. Much better
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
If I remember correctly, the Orange Crush series aren't much better than MG's. Or is that some other cheap Orange series I'm thinking of? Stay away from the MG for sure though TS.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by slashfan226
Just go onto www.gumtree.com and search for what you're looking for, in the city you live in. And it'll come up with all the adverts people have put on there. It's like the classified ads in newspapers, but all online (I also picked up a micro cube for £5 on there)

Damn, its UK only... All we get is craigslist

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
Take a look at the Roland cube 20xl. Great little modeling amp. My 15x has never let me down.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
It depends on what sound you are looking for....
1. Fender Mustang 2- Good for modelling. It has FUSE software which allows you to connect to PC and download patches.
2. Vox VT Series- The new ones are of poor quality as compared to older valvetronix. A good amp though.
3. Peavey vypyr- Seems best for metal among its competitors and it also has decent cleans(just decent, not too good)
4. Roland cube series- Jack of all trades and a gazillion of these have been sold. Very, very hard to beat for the price.
All above mentioned amps are much better than the two you are talking about. But still, if I had to choose one, I'd go with orange..
All the best for your purchase
Quote by Neurotoxic
It depends on what sound you are looking for....
1. Fender Mustang 2- Good for modelling. It has FUSE software which allows you to connect to PC and download patches.
2. Vox VT Series- The new ones are of poor quality as compared to older valvetronix. A good amp though.
3. Peavey vypyr- Seems best for metal among its competitors and it also has decent cleans(just decent, not too good)
4. Roland cube series- Jack of all trades and a gazillion of these have been sold. Very, very hard to beat for the price.
All above mentioned amps are much better than the two you are talking about. But still, if I had to choose one, I'd go with orange..
All the best for your purchase

I think he found his amp after 2 years...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.