I've seen Slash and, more recently, Myles Kennedy using double-sided tape to keep their picks on their headstock. But, it's like, white foam tape. And the only kind I can find is permanent mounting tape... Is that what they use?
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Just get some masking tape. Rip of a strip and make a loop with it on itself. Stick it to the side of your headstock and there you have it. It won't damage the finish as the glue on the tape isn't very strong at all, but it's easily strong enough to hold the picks.
its the same stuff you can use on like wooden pickguards and stuff to keep em on. It's pretty standard 2 sided tape :/
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Just get some masking tape. Rip of a strip and make a loop with it on itself. Stick it to the side of your headstock and there you have it. It won't damage the finish as the glue on the tape isn't very strong at all, but it's easily strong enough to hold the picks.

Not strong, true, but if you leave it on for an extended period of time, the glue hardens and the paper deteriorates, making it almost impossible to remove.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
You can use removable double side tape. 3M are making it with the scotch tape. It's a yellow divider tape with the mension: removable written on it, you can find it in almost any Staples.
I just stick my picks in the strings between the nut and tuners
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Guys like Slash, ect. don't have to pay for the guitars, so they could really give a shit about the finish. Slash's guitar collection probably wouldn't fit in most houses.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate