It's a les paul 100 I found on craigslist
These are just above the LP special II's right?
Anyone have any experience with them?
Would it be worth spending $200 on to fix up?

http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/msg/2508097937.html
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
I would go for the trade. I love LP's, and don't care to much for schecters. Thats just my opinion though. .

I love your sig btw. . Awesome awesome.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
It depends on what you want to do with it. The Schecter is better suited for modern rock and high gain scooped metal sounds. If you are going to do classic rock, blues and jazz, the Epi is a better instrument. I have an Epi Les Paul Custom that I bought used from American Musical Supply and love it. The quality is amazing at that price point.
Eh, personally I think you would be better off saving your money and just a buying a brand new guitar for 400 or 500 bucks instead of spending money modding/fixing the LP.
I would keep your Schecter. I personally think the Schecter is a better guitar and would recommend against getting a bolt-on Les Paul to anybody, kinda defeats the idea of having a Les Paul in my opinion. I agree with neversleeps84 on this one, best saving your money and getting an Epi Standard LP for 500ish instead. Far better quality.
My Rig: Gibson SG Menace
Gibson Les Paul Menace (Heavy Modded Project)
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire
Egnater 15W Tweaker, 112 Cab
thanks vypor

I would never buy a brand new $500 guitar...

I dont play any metal at all though, so thats why I want to get rid of this schecter
I just dont know anything about the quality of the LP100s

^ I already have a strat that has my heart, so I dont want to have this strat shaped guitar. The 100s are apparently mahogany, so thats definitely a step up from basswood
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by neversleeps84
Eh, personally I think you would be better off saving your money and just a buying a brand new guitar for 400 or 500 bucks instead of spending money modding/fixing the LP.

+1. just finished my epi lp standard. Bought it for 150 stripped.
160$ pickups
60$- pots
15$ switch
30$ for pup rings
10$ wire
About 2-3 hours labor.

So $400+ for a guitar that sounds fantastic, but plays like shit.
String spacing is smalled then ur guitar, Fret sizIng and # of frets, also upper register access is pretty rough. It is worth it if you like how it plays over your schecter, but I'd keep the omen and get the epi personally.

Can never own too many guitars.
Quote by DimebagZappa

Can never own too many guitars.

Also THIS!
My Rig: Gibson SG Menace
Gibson Les Paul Menace (Heavy Modded Project)
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire
Egnater 15W Tweaker, 112 Cab
You can if theyre shitty guitars. I hate the omen, theres always fret buzz, the pickups suck. I would never put any cash into it.

I guess you^ answered my question.
I wanted to know what the playability was on cheap epiphone guitars
- Carl Sagan
Well if you dont mind the loss of frets, string spacing, a fat neck...
Perfect guitar for you. The sound these guitars make is phenomenal.
Unplugged my epi slays my ibby and prs.
Also plugged for anything but metal, but when it had (past tense) an emg 81 in it...
Sounded far better then my others! Tuning stability really sucks. Even compared with my edge 3. But its so easy to tune/ downtune/ restring.
My big problem is the neck heel, tight string spacing and the fat neck.
Oh yeah, sustain is phenomenal.

Dont listen to us. Go play one.
Quote by SKArface McDank
You can if theyre shitty guitars. I hate the omen, theres always fret buzz, the pickups suck. I would never put any cash into it.

I guess you^ answered my question.
I wanted to know what the playability was on cheap epiphone guitars
Funny cause I have an Omen 6 and I can have my action EXTREMELY low without fret buzz. And the pick ups aren't horrible. My SD s are better. Omen is infinitely a better guitar then a shitty LP 100
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by SKArface McDank
thanks vypor

I would never buy a brand new $500 guitar...

Why?
you get shit for $500 new. Id rather buy a used $500 guitar. or spend more on upgrades.
- Carl Sagan
I wouldn't do it. the LP 100 is a pretty lousy guitar.

save up a bit and try to get yourself a LP standard (don't buy any of the plus stuff, its cosmetic only). you'll be much happier if you get a guitar that is BETTER than your schecter rather than just different.
My Ibanez was $430 new, and it is far from shit, even with the stock pickups. I also have an Epi SG that was $200 new, put another 200 into it and although it sounds much better than when I bought it, it still doesn't compare to the Ibanez.

I guess it just comes down to personal preference.
well yeah, but my point is that you could have gotten something worth 8-900 new for that cash.
- Carl Sagan
I wouldn't les paul 100's are shitty guitars plain and simple.
(atleast the ones i've played.)
I get what you're saying. There's a 6 year gap between when I got the Epi and the Ibanez though, haha. I buy with whatever funds are available at the time