I am a fan of these styles of metal. Plus my infant son finds them oddly calming for some reason...

Could be his blonde hair and blue eyes.

I am particularly fond of Amon Amarth, Ensiferum and early Amorphis. Songs of battling and bleeding in the frozen North are special to my heart. This is not the only type of metal I like, but I would like to expand my collection of such brutalness.

Anyone got some suggestions of some juicy limb-ripping, beheading type of metal to use as lullabies for my son? He has trouble sleeping and his liking of the legends of the Viking people must be satisfied!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

How about Waylander, it's a Celtic Metal band, lot of those battle themes
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
HOLMGARD AND BEYOND (da, da, da...) THAT'S WHERE THE WINDS WILL US GUIDE...

Hell to the **** yeah dude. I have some suggestions for you in "band - recommended album" organization:

Turisas - The Varangian Way
Equilibrium - Sagas
Suidakra - Caledonia (melodeath with Celtic influence, so it fits)
Eluveitie - Slania
Quote by thrashdeth
Stormwarrior. Viking Metal.

Are they balls.

Speed/Power metal without doubt.

I'd say Viking metal can go in the folk metal thread.
Pirate Metal is limited to 2 or 3 bands.
Battle metal is pretty much just Turisas (who don't like the term) and Thronar (who used the term before Turisas)
Viking era Bathory is all you need. And if you think his blonde hair and blue eyes are a factor, perhaps some Thor's Hammer,Graveland or Dersturmer could be to his liking. Next time use the rec thread.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Anything labelled 'pirate metal' can go fuck a fat dick.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Outside of bizarro world, that's called speed metal. Just because they sing about pirates does not make them pirate metal. In that case, Agent Steel would be the world's first alien metal band.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I really hate the use of Viking, Battle, and Pirate metal as legitimate genres, they're not. Anyways, Like Riffty said, Bathory would be great. Try some Tyr if you don't have any, I personally recommend Ragnarok. Manegarm too, also Storm (Norway).
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.