I'm driving to florida this week for vacation. It's a 2 day drive. I would like to bring my acoustic guitar. Can anyone give me some tips on what to do before hiting the road (i.e. loosen the strings etc). As a side note, do any of you think that bringing my guitar to the beach can cause any damage to my instrument? (It's a steel string acoustic)

Thx.
Thats one of the joys of having an acoustic guitar- the ability to take it pretty much anywhere. Just try to keep it out of the trunk. Put it on the backseat, anywhere but the trunk. Also if the weather at the beach is scorching, it might not be a good idea. If you could find sone shade it'd work though. Basically just keep the guitar out of extreme heat. Good rule of thumb: if you're uncomfortable the guitar will be too. Have fun! Safe journey, God bless.
Outside of absolutely extreme heat, it's fine. As mentioned, keep the guitar in the car itself. Loosening strings is something you do for flight, there's no extra prep for road travel.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Quote by Spynal
Outside of absolutely extreme heat, it's fine. As mentioned, keep the guitar in the car itself. Loosening strings is something you do for flight, there's no extra prep for road travel.

what about bringing the guitar to the beach on a hot day?