I've been doing some research and I was wondering if my choice with a BOSS GT-10 would be efficient for someone who needs everything from one box. I play neoclassical/powermetal and I will probably need:

Tuner
Wah-wah
Harmonizer
Chorus
& maybe a Digitech thing where it takes your octave and boosts it up a few octaves

I'm not exactly sure what kind of information I should give out in order to get some proper recommendations, but I was also thinking the ME-50. I'd like some criticism. Thanks.
Line 6 pod HD500!
Fender MIM 60th Anniversary Strat
Freshman Apollo Electro-acoustic
Line 6 POD HD500
Marshall MG15CD
I have a Boss ME-50, and it literally does everything you suggested and more. Works really well in studio settings. I recommend it.
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
The ME-50 works for me, but then I don't really push it too hard - most of the time I just use my amp's distortion. I've always managed to get it to do what I want it to though, it's easy to use, well built & reliable.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I second the ME-50. I don't own one coz I prefer individual pedals but I borrowed one for a few months ago and it was awesome. That is what I would get if I were to buy one.
Quote by British Josh
I have a Boss ME-50, and it literally does everything you suggested and more. Works really well in studio settings. I recommend it.

This will mostly be for live performances and practice with the band. Would you still say the same?
Last edited by nignog at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by nignog
This will mostly be for live performances and practice with the band. Would you still say the same?

Bump
Quote by nignog
I've been doing some research and I was wondering if my choice with a BOSS GT-10 would be efficient for someone who needs everything from one box. I play neoclassical/powermetal and I will probably need:

Tuner
Wah-wah
Harmonizer
Chorus
& maybe a Digitech thing where it takes your octave and boosts it up a few octaves

I'm not exactly sure what kind of information I should give out in order to get some proper recommendations, but I was also thinking the ME-50. I'd like some criticism. Thanks.

Do you have a budget?

I would get the rp1000 instead. I think it sounds better than the gt-10 and it has a real Digtech Wahmmy. It's got tons of great sounding amp models and effects and it's got three nice wahs and a great tuner. Check it out http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/rp1000
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 22, 2011,
I was doing some research and found that the ME-70 had a harmonizer that sounded a bit nicer (which is a huge plus since I use that modulation often). Is there a reason the ME-50 seems to be more favored over the 70?
The rp1000 has a great harmonizer as well and has way more feature than the me70. IMHO, the boss mfx units are way over priced and way overrated.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food

I've used mine for loads of live performances and all the necessary practice sessions - it's always performed flawlessly, which is more than I can say for myself....

I was doing some research and found that the ME-70 had a harmonizer that sounded a bit nicer (which is a huge plus since I use that modulation often). Is there a reason the ME-50 seems to be more favored over the 70?

I'm sure there are a few threads on here discussing the ME-50 vs ME-70, everybody will have their own opinion so it would be hard to say what's right & what's wrong. I chose the ME-50 for 3 main reasons:
1 - It has an acoustic simulator (I don't think the ME-70 has this)
2 - Technically the ME-70 is the higher spec kit and therefore probably does more, but I didn't need any of the extra features. It sounds like you might want those extras.
3 - The ME-50 is cheaper, why pay more if you don't need it? If the extras are what you're after and are worth paying the difference, go for it. If you don't think you'll need them, go with the cheaper option.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryHB at Jul 23, 2011,
TC Nova system - don't go down the Line 6 route. Use the nova system in your effects loop and your set
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
I agree with the Rp1000 suggestion. It does everything you want from it and more. I have had mine for a year and keep finding new features it supports! I was looking for a pitch shifter the other day and sure enough, the RP1000 had one and I didn't even know about it!
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Check out the Line 6 M series. They have only the effects and they are some pretty good effects, much better than the Boss and apparently better than the digitech (still trying to try a digitech).

It might be worth your time to try and find some of the individual pedals for what your looking for. You can get some amazing deals checking craigslist or your local guitar centers used section.
The TC Nova system has has everything you after and is damn cheap, and is a nice small size,right now in the UK it's like £300 so it's well cheap and ery high quality
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?