Hey guys. A new track I have been working on tonight and it is nearly finished. I think I may need to twiddle with the drum levels but other than that it's sweet.

Not sure if I should include some vocals further along the line. What do you think? Give it a listen and hopefully enjoy.

Will C4C of course.

http://soundcloud.com/cb1990/haarp
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Muse reference?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
Muse reference?

Not at all. Referring to the conspiracy theories relating with the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program in Alaska being used to trigger earthquakes around the globe. It had such a deep tone I thought it fit.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Sounds like a down tuned 7 string, that's for sure. It actually sounds really cool, reminds me alot of the music from Quake 2. The only thing I found to be off was the higher notes, seemed a bit out of tune, didn't quite mesh right. Also, you might want to compress the bass guitar and bring it up a bit in the mix, give it a medium release, and a fast attack, should make the higher notes stand out a bit more.

Vocals would be cool, just not those growling or screaming death vocals lol.

Thanks for the crit btw.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Sounds like a down tuned 7 string, that's for sure. It actually sounds really cool, reminds me alot of the music from Quake 2. The only thing I found to be off was the higher notes, seemed a bit out of tune, didn't quite mesh right. Also, you might want to compress the bass guitar and bring it up a bit in the mix, give it a medium release, and a fast attack, should make the higher notes stand out a bit more.

Vocals would be cool, just not those growling or screaming death vocals lol.

Thanks for the crit btw.

Thanks for the comments, I'm still pretty new to the whole recording things so cheers for the tips about the bass. I will have to try that to help bring it out a bit more.

And Yeah it's a seven string in drop A, I decided to go low for this one.
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
I like it but I have to agree with ethan_hanus, sometimes it doesn't seem to fit. My only other 'gripe' as per say is the low chugs. They could do with a bit of tightening. Some of the notes seem to bleed a little but this isn't a big thing. A noise supressor could help with this but other than that its just really getting those palm mutes.

Apart from that I like it. Its heavy and solid with a nice groove. With a few tweeks I think it'll sound epically heavy and just down right filthy!

Regards,
Steve
Killing you for a smile
Last edited by TigerSteve at Jul 22, 2011,
The lows sound really thick and menacing, but they have a little too much bass, which makes them sound muddy. that becomes a pretty obvious issue come 1:10. that breakdown would be much more effective with a tighter tone. Right now it's just too thick and muddy down low to really have an effect. May I also recommend adding some kind of melody over that breakdown pattern? It's kind of dull after a while. the first few times are fine, but having heard that same pattern about a dozen times on end, it's worn out its welcome.

Agreed with ethan about the vocals. Have something melodic and mid-ranged over that breakdown riff. Harsh vocals might work there, but they'd be way too expected there to have any kind of meaningful effect.

C4C is in my sig. Could you take a look at Part 3?
Sounds great, the main riff sounds like it would be a lot of fun to play.
Is the guitar in drop C?
Like you said, the drums could use some adjustments. A little more power or a richer sound will make it sound less contrasting with the guitars. The only part that needs some work IMO is the breakdown, try filling it up with lead guitar or even mimic the chugging with octaves.
While it sounds good like this, I am interested to hear it with vocals.
Would you do cleans or something more gritty?

Could you please check out my cover of Iridescent by Linkin Park:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463223
Or you could use the link in my sig.
It sounds good man! You just need to add vocals to make it sound more "complex" and you got a nicer song! Very good to mosh in because of the chugging! :P
Quote by carlos_almighty
You just wanna try it? My philosophy is, "If it makes you curious, try it at least once."

Also: "Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted!"
Hey man sorry I missed your crit on DTF. Thanks for the points.

Anyways I think the track is really hard panned to the left, or something is really dry about it. Not sure.
But the track is pretty heavy and the tone gives an almost sludge to it. I agree though, the breakdowns should be a lot tighter, and the sound kinda kills it. But I liked it.

Also a guitar diddle on top would be groovy as hell, and a gradual bend up I think second to last riff if my memory serves me correct.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Your guitar tone needs a little work. It's especially noticeable at the very beginning. The first chord you play get muddled very quickly. I would suggest getting heavier gauge strings if you're going to detune your guitar that much. Thinner strings tend to flop around and sound like rubber bands beyond drop d. The main riff is very cool. It makes me wanna bang my head...very slowly.

I hope this helps

c4c
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1461784