I went to my local guitar store today and the guy gave me this bass guitar for free, he said he was going to throw it out anyway. I want to sell it now, but I don't know what it is. It's a Fender, but I don't know what kind. Does anybody know? Also, how much could I sell this guitar for in this condition? Thanks
Attachments:
IMG_0128.jpg
IMG_0129.jpg
I was thinking to put it on craigslist and try to get like 20 or 30 dollars.
It's a fake P/J Fender bass. You can tell it's fake by the inlays. Fender never used shark tooth inlays.
The fact the neck and head stock are so crazy, you might be able to sell it for more just because of the neck alone. Or put it together and befuddle everyone who sees you play it

On the subject of necks and selling, has anyone else noticed people tend to sell necks for a lot compared to if you just bought the entire guitar. People where I live will sell a squier neck for like $100 right along side used squier basses in full for $75-$125
I'd turn it into a refurbishing project, but that's just me. haha
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
shit id buy it for 50 if i had the money then load it with emgs a bad ass bridge and a graphtec nut. some heavy gauge strings to ice the cake would make that thing a crusher for sure

EDIT: cant forget the gotoh tuners
Quote by Bass First
Rump, a P-bass delivers a rump in the sound such that, similar to the rump on an African American woman, it is the highlight of the tone.
Last edited by summerson1 at Jul 23, 2011,
It's not a Fender.

It's a Jackson bass with a Fender decal. It looks refinished, also.

Fender HAS had a few pointy headstock basses over the years (Prodigy, Katana, Performer, etc...) but they haven't done (to my knowledge) sharkfin inlays.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Quote by Din of Win
It's not a Fender.

It's a Jackson bass with a Fender decal. It looks refinished, also.

Fender HAS had a few pointy headstock basses over the years (Prodigy, Katana, Performer, etc...) but they haven't done (to my knowledge) sharkfin inlays.
haha now let me tell you how wrong YOU are... that is not a jackson bass body, the jackson trademark is REVERSE-P - trust me I know after owning so many jacksons.

and that is CERTAINLY not a Fender HM, fins or not the HM had a way different head on it.

looks like a parts bass to me.
Last edited by amimbari at Jul 25, 2011,
Quote by amimbari
haha now let me tell you how wrong YOU are... that is not a jackson bass body, the jackson trademark is REVERSE-P - trust me I know after owning so many jacksons.

Ah... i was looking more at the neck than the body.

+1 to a parts bass.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
I think it looks cool and if I had it, it would get rebuilt. ACTUALLY without more pics, it could be an old Dean neck or really anything.

here's a Dean pointy looks like a jackson as well

and as I look closer, since the TR cover is missingI don't see the telltale jackson TR cap nut either so who knows what it is, fins or not.

Series10 made jackson looking finned necks as I still have one of my beater guitars with a fin neck and a jackson looking head.

There is a serial number on the headstock, a Fender serial number. It's S732327. I looked online and it says that the guitar is from 1977, so i guess that it is a Fender.
Quote by jakub421
There is a serial number on the headstock, a Fender serial number. It's S732327. I looked online and it says that the guitar is from 1977, so i guess that it is a Fender.

uh, no partner what you have is a MIK generic body and probably a series10 neck that someone put Fender stickers on.

that is NOT a jackson neck because it has a rounded FB end and ALL jackson necks have a flat edged FB....

a REAL FENDER HM came WITH fins but even the fins were different.

you got a 50 dollar parts bass PERIOD.

That is NO 1977 Fender anything.
Last edited by amimbari at Jul 25, 2011,