So heres the thing, ive been playing for two year, self taught and Im trying to write a symphonic/classical intro, I dont know lots of theory so I just go by ear and see what sounds good

I would like to know if this make sense and I dont really know what to do with the Violin and Cello at bar 7 and 8

my goal would be to record this and use it as a backing track for the intro of one of my metal song, any tip would be much apreciated

thx

(sorry for writing mistakes, im french)

EDIT: I didnt know if I should've put this thread in Songwriting or Musician talk, sorry I misplaced it.
Attachments:
Compo Classique.gp5
Last edited by reclamation901 at Jul 22, 2011,
From an arranging standpoint, those violin parts are impossible to play without a scordatura. You need to either drop the G# or instruct the violinist to tune his 2nd string down a half step. I'm not a cellist so I don't know whether the chord in measure 4 is possible to play or not. Also it seems a bit redundant to have string instruments, then a separate track called "String Ensemble". It saves you time by not having to arrange the parts, but you might as well just condense it all into that track (at least the chords, the melody tracks are fine as they are). Otherwise it is perfectly fine, just bear in mind that this is quite clearly supposed to go with a metal piece. There's nothing wrong with that, but if you wanted to write something truly classical sounding (as if that's not vague enough) then I think you failed. For your first classical-inspired piece though, well done.

P.S. This should definitely go to the Songwriting forum, under Tabs.
Alright thx alot for the response, I really dont know anything about violin, cello, etc... I just go by ear ans see what I can come up with, with minimun theory knowledge. My goal isnt to make a classical piece, its to do a classical/symphonic inspired intro. So I should just do everything in String Ensemble then ?

Again, thx for the reply
Quote by reclamation901
Alright thx alot for the response, I really dont know anything about violin, cello, etc... I just go by ear ans see what I can come up with, with minimun theory knowledge. My goal isnt to make a classical piece, its to do a classical/symphonic inspired intro. So I should just do everything in String Ensemble then ?

Again, thx for the reply

If you want it all computer synthesized, then it's fine as it is. If you want to hire actual musicians to record it if you ever release it on an album or something then you're going to need to do a bit of arranging.