So, I just resurrected my Valveking, for now, and I decided to make use of it's current life, and record this. Tell me what ya'll think of it. It's pretty heavy.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/ethan_hanus/music/all/play1026055

C4C as always.
The guitar tone is really nice mate, cut's through nicely with a good low end too. Nice tone for a Valveking though, you using any pedals/effects?

The drums seem like they could do with a bit of a volume boost, they just seem a bit quiet in the mix. They are simple but effective. I'd think about trying to mix them up a bit.

Overall good stuff man

C4C
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1463602
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
Thanks man, yeah, everybody disses the Valveking, but it can crank out the tone if you know what you are doing. I'm only using a Ibanez TS9 as a boost.

The drum track is a version of one of Phish's songs, I downloaded it at drumsforyou.com, they were giving out free high quality drum tracks, so I made use of em.

Do the drums really seem that quiet? On my monitors they cut rather nicely.
Through my logitech PC speakers they sounded a bit quiet. Might just be my crappy speakers.

Only a TS9 Jeezus! Sounds great man.

Cheers for the C4C
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
I'm liking this a lot! Obviously, you need vocals and a full band, but what you've got so far is pro. My only issue is that aside from the chorus, the entire song sounds like something Pantera would do. It's a great song, but it doesn't have individuality. I suggest you expand your musical knowledge by listening to new bands and genres, or simply not listen to music at all and let your own songwriting ideas evolve without any outside influence.

Hope this helped.
Good tone on the guitar. It's a little thin on those single notes, but it's nice and crunch on the chords. The bass is too low for my taste, but aside from that, it's not bad at all. My only complaint is that it's kind of repetitive and there doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on aside from that crunchy groove. I guess the mix just sounded empty without some kind of melody going along with those riffs.

C4C? I'm curious to see what you have to say about part 3.
Quote by AeolianInvasion
I'm liking this a lot! Obviously, you need vocals and a full band, but what you've got so far is pro. My only issue is that aside from the chorus, the entire song sounds like something Pantera would do. It's a great song, but it doesn't have individuality. I suggest you expand your musical knowledge by listening to new bands and genres, or simply not listen to music at all and let your own songwriting ideas evolve without any outside influence.

Hope this helped.

It's something I wrote back when I got my BKP Painkiller, so a year and a half ago? I normally listening to nothing but instrumentals, but I have a huge Chevelle and Billy Talent influence in my music. So I don't have a huge musical base, since I don't learn alot of different styles, and just come up with simple riffs all the time, I tend to focus on tone more.

I have been told that I have a Pantera style playing before.

I'll try to add a harmonizing guitar to the chorus, I'm not so good at solo's, but I'll try.
I love your guitar tone. No vocals?

The timing seems off, intro part gets repetitive. Guitar tone is phenomenal, but the main riff sounds way too choppy. I like the "chorus," its a very cool riff and a great chunky sound. The drums sound very good as well. The sound is almost too heavy.

Could sound awesome with vocals, gets a little repetitive without it, not really a melody at some points (not that there needs to be) but it gets a little hectic at some parts and it looses the flow of the song.

Really good production, it sounds great, the song structure needs a little work and vocals would be great.

c4c please: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1462564
Type as I listen:

Nice chunky guitar tone. The drums seem very low in the mix . The timing in some spots seems to be a little off (perhaps a little earlier). I do like the riffs though! They have a nu-metal/alt-rock kind of feel; feels like something I would hear on the radio. Just get a nice singer and this could be a hit! I felt it was a little too short (perahps if/when you get a singer, add more parts), but the structure was good. A bridge could really open up the song. I can see either a clean part or a heavy part, both would seem to work . I say work on a bridge, add another chorus (double chorus with solo? ) and youll be set!

CFC? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464013
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Yeah, I could of tracked it a little tighter, I didn't spend too much time getting the timing right, I just slammed it down. I'll work on the timing. I can't really add any parts to the song since it's a pre made drum track, but I'll see what I can do.
oh I see. maybe try cutting and pasting drum parts? good way to practice some mixing
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)