It's been a while since I found myself coming in to a new guitar, or it at least feels that way. Until now, I have been playing a Guild that I got used from the store I work at. It's an amazing sounding guitar, but it won't survive into the years if I keep taking it out. While I take care of it, its hard to avoid the nicks and dings that come hand-in-hand with a crowded stage during an open mic.

All that said, I have been looking for a beater guitar for the past six months. It went through dozens of Alvarez, Washburn, Blueridges, etc. Just about any brand that I could get my hands on. There were plenty of models that stood out, but it was when someone brought in a Seagull to be set-up, that I found what I'd been looking for.

I've played plenty of Seagulls over the years and have always been impressed. My boss just got back on with Godin guitars, so this added to what felt like fate to push me towards a Seagull.

All that said, I was happier with the guitar that arrived, a Coastline S6 Spruce model, than I thought I would be. The tone is wonderful, it plays like a dream (after a slight set-up), and it looks quite nice to boot. Anyway, here are some pictures!

Guitar Pictures
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Congragulations!! You can never have too many guitars. Tip: if you want another one but your wife (or parents in my case) won't let you spend another nickel on a guitar, just say this: "the last beater guitar that I got turned out to be nicer than I thought, so I've gotta get a new one. " usually works! Congrats on the seagull. If you're still looking for a guitar after playing the seagull, I'd reccomend the Greg Bennett line from Samick. Ive got one of their 12 strings and it plays beautifully. I got it from a musician who toured with it a bit, (not as on on stage guitar, but the type of guitar he'd keep backstage or play in small bars) and it has a few dings in it. To me that's just character.
Seagull's are my new fave acoustics! HNAGD
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Thank you guys. I can happily recommend that anyone looking for a new acoustic should at least give Seagull a bit of attention.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
congrats! I have a seagull at home too.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I was hoping to get a seagull recently, but could only afford an Ibanez AW.
Still good though
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"