Is It possible to use an Ernie Ball Volume pedal JR (VPJR) as an expression pedal, or indeed the vox volume pedal? I'm looking for a expression oedal to go on my board next to may wah that feels comfortable and looks nice unline the boss expression/volume pedals
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
Help!!!!
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
What do you want it to controll?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I want to use it with a TC Electronic nova system, to control the whammy feature
Quote by Bazilisck311
There are mods to turn it into an expression pedal. Have you tried using it with the nova system?
no I get the nova system next week, I've seen video's of people using it as an expresion pedal by connecting either a stereo to dual mono lead, or simply by connecting a single lead to the output?
Quote by Bazilisck311
Couldnt you just buy a cheap expression pedal? Or you could always mod the volume pedal.
cheap exp look and feel shit,my only other option is a boss fv-500, which loks pretty shitty, but boss stuff is normaly solid I guess
Quote by Bazilisck311
You'll just have to try it when you get the nova system.
guess I'll buy the boss and lump it, boss stuff is built to last anyways so no worries it'll last, plus I can at least get it locally, I may go to my oca shop and try out either if I can
Quote by Bazilisck311
Quote by kutless999
Couldnt you just buy a cheap expression pedal? Or you could always mod the volume pedal.

He doesn't need to, I'm quite certain that the EB VP Jr can be used as an expression pedal.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
He doesn't need to, I'm quite certain that the EB VP Jr can be used as an expression pedal.

Yeah, for $80 you sure hope it can.
Quote by kutless999
Yeah, for $80 you sure hope it can.

I don't have to.

ToneCzar sells a reinforced version of the EB VP Jr to be used as an expression pedal with it's existing pedals.
Eventide recommends the EB VP Jr to be used as an expression pedal with it's TimeFactor.
I tried the TimeFactor with the EB VP Jr as an expression pedal.

Hence I don't have to hope.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Maybe, but most expression pedals use a TRS (stereo) connector that connects the ring to the pedal's internal pot and the tip to the wiper of the pot. So a regular volume pedal won't work if a device needs to be connected as described. The M-Audio EX-P is a decent expression pedal that sells for $30.

Also you need to know the pot resistance that works the best. The M-Audio has ~13K pot with a 50K min level adjustment. I built an expression pedal out of a broken Vox Wah with a 110K pot. It had a poor sweep compared to the M-Audio. Both have linear pots.
Ive seen some people use a stereo jack split into to mono leads and connect them, I'm guessing that works as well?
Quote by Bazilisck311
I don't know what type of exp. pedal the Nova System takes (not yet, I will soon, though), but I do know that with the Line 6 M9/M13, the only Ernie Ball pedal that can control the expression effects is the Ernie Ball VP Jr 25k. Some say that that pedal is the best match for controlling the M9/M13's exp. effects.

I have the standard Ernie Ball Passive VP Jr, and that does not work well with it, as the pot impedance is too high.
Last edited by Ian_the_fox at Jul 23, 2011,