Poll: What are your beliefs on aliens?
Poll Options
View poll results: What are your beliefs on aliens?
They're real, and they've been here
40 22%
They're real, but they haven't been to this planet
89 50%
There's no such thing
11 6%
I dunno
39 22%
Voters: 179.
Page 1 of 3
Real? Imaginary? What about UFO sightings? Reports from victims of "abductions?" Basically, where do you stand?

Personally, I think that, considering the size of the universe, and all the stars out there, that there's no way we're the only intelligent life. That being said, I don't believe that aliens have actually visited Earth, or at least, I haven't seen any evidence proving it to me.
I think that it's a near guarantee that there's intelligent life out there, but that it's physically impossible to visit other planets or for them to visit us. The distances are too vast and wormholes are mostly just speculation.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Some alien child in the distant universe is asking the same thing.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by herby190

Personally, I think that, considering the size of the universe, and all the stars out there, that there's no way we're the only intelligent life. That being said, I don't believe that aliens have actually visited Earth, or at least, I haven't seen any evidence proving it to me.

my thoughts exactly
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Quote by herby190

You nailed it here sir.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by rgrockr
I think that it's a near guarantee that there's intelligent life out there, but that it's physically impossible to visit other planets or for them to visit us. The distances are too vast and wormholes are mostly just speculation.

But if the universe is infinite, then somewhere out there, there has to be some intelligent species capable of traveling such extraordinary distances.

Then again, that would mean there also would have to be another intelligent species who would go to that intelligent species' planet and wipe them out before they got the chance....
Hell if I know.

But to think that among the vastness of space with all the countless galaxies, solar systems, and planets, that there can't be something else out there, well that's kind of arrogant.
Quote by CaptDin
But if the universe is infinite, then somewhere out there, there has to be some intelligent species capable of traveling such extraordinary distances.

Then again, that would mean there also would have to be another intelligent species who would go to that intelligent species' planet and wipe them out before they got the chance....

Well it's also quite possible that there simply isn't a way to travel that distance. Besides, aliens wouldn't personally visit us they'd probably send robot probes, I mean, that's mostly what we do, it makes more sense.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by CaptDin

It is not infinite.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
It is not infinite.
That's an entirely different argument. Honestly, I can't comprehend either.... how could the universe end, but then again, how could it just go on forever?
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
It is not infinite.

I hate when people say that too. It is finite, but expanding (potentially infinitely). There is a difference.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by herby190
That's an entirely different argument. Honestly, I can't comprehend either.... how could the universe end, but then again, how could it just go on forever?

I was watching that into the wormhole show and it says it's finite, but that it might wrap around on itself horizontally, then veritcally. Like a bagel. So while you can keep going and going, you're just going in circles so to speak

I don't get it. I aint no physicist.
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Second half of OP pretty much ends the entire thread.
Well, honestly, I didn't know so many people agreed. I was really hoping to read some convincing abduction or sighting reports.
Quote by DonGlover
I hate when people say that too. It is finite, but expanding (potentially infinitely). There is a difference.

Yes sure, but when pertaining to the idea of aliens we can call it finite. Seeing as they will not be at infinite time.
Quote by Saint78

Aliens are definitely real, I just don't think that if they ever discovered us that they would blow up all our major cities and kidnap everyone so they could probe them
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I was watching that into the wormhole show and it says it's finite, but that it might wrap around on itself horizontally, then veritcally. Like a bagel. So while you can keep going and going, you're just going in circles so to speak

I believe that would be what we call an open universe. It has a negative curvature. However, the most up to date data form the WMAP (Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe) suggests that we are living in a flat universe.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by SeveralSpecies

Picture a 2d ant crawling on an expanding balloon. It can walk all the way around but not reach any boundaries. Now add a dimension to both the ant and balloon and you get one of the leading theories as to the size of the universe.
Quote by Saint78

Quote by coolinboard
Aliens are definitely real, I just don't think that if they ever discovered us that they would blow up all our major cities and kidnap everyone so they could probe them
I think that's a matter of luck; let's hope that if aliens ever do come to our planet, they don't approach it with the same attitude that we approached the Africans and Native-Americans.
Quote by herby190
I think that's a matter of luck; let's hope that if aliens ever do come to our planet, they don't approach it with the same attitude that we approached the Africans and Native-Americans.

Yeah true, I guess it could happen but not immediatly. There would probably be a phase of curiosity and interraction
Quote by DonGlover
I believe that would be what we call an open universe. It has a negative curvature. However, the most up to date data form the WMAP (Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe) suggests that we are living in a flat universe.

I always just kind of assumed there was just endless vacuum and that matter within the universe was finite, but expanding outward into an endless vacuum.

That shit's so confusing
The universe may not be infinite, but it's ****ing huge. Billions of trillions of star systems, millions of billions of which have planets. Of those millions of billions of planetary systems, there must be more than just one that contains a planet which can support life. There must be more than just one on which intelligent life has evolved.

After a certain sample size, probability starts working in favor of the possibility.
Last edited by Seref at Jul 22, 2011,
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I always just kind of assumed there was just endless vacuum and that matter within the universe was finite, but expanding outward into an endless vacuum.

That shit's so confusing

That's, but the matter isn't expanding (lol well some is, but that's not the point), the space between the matter is.

Quote by herby190

Personally, I don't think intergalactic colonization and civilization can be achieved by a species while it still possesses a warring mentally.
A SIGNATURE.
Last edited by DonGlover at Jul 23, 2011,
I'll always believe that Earth is the only planet with life until I see an extraterrestrial with my own eyes.

Outside of Earth, all their is is dust, stars, floating rocks, and blackness.

aliens
they're real all right.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by blake1221
They've been here.

Man.

i saw a UFO at a football game once, man. it was really really weird though, cause i was the only one freaking out. and then the aliens sent me a message. they told me i was going to have a good year.

wait a minute...

that year was terrible, man. stupid aliens!
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by DonGlover
That's, but the matter isn't expanding (lol well some is, but that's not the point), the space between the matter is.

Personally, I don't think intergalactic colonization and civilization can be achieved by a species while it still possesses a warring mentally.

Yea I feel like the only way to achieve such a substantially capable space program, you would need to be at a state of peace or in a golden age of some sort.
Quote by DonGlover
Just because they've found peace within their own species doesn't mean they'll sympathize with a species they've never met before... just a thought.
Quote by herby190
Just because they've found peace within their own species doesn't mean they'll sympathize with a species they've never met before... just a thought.

.....nazi aliens.
What if a bunch of f*cking aliens are on like... ultimate-ufo.com and posting in thread seeing if we're real?
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
How the hell would anyone know wether the universe is finite or infinite unless they travelled across it and ran into a boundary? Telescopes can only see so far, thus their use is not a valid argument.

As for alien life, I hope. Ive always wanted to see an intergalactic war.
What's the point of living if you're not living a dream?
Quote by shredibanez24
What if a bunch of f*cking aliens are on like... ultimate-ufo.com and posting in thread seeing if we're real?

what if a like of f*cking aliens are on like... ultimate-guitar.com posting and in this thread to try to screw with us?
Quote by theogonia777
what if a like of f*cking aliens are on like... ultimate-guitar.com posting and in this thread to try to screw with us?

Shit. WHO TOLD YOU!
Quote by herby190

I was going to mention that actually. The idea that they might have accomplished peace by coming together to war against and conquer other (exoplanetary) species. But it offers the question of what would be the purpose and/or benefits of warring against a species equal or inferior to your own?
A SIGNATURE.
Page 1 of 3