I'm deciding between a Vox 20+ and a Mustang I.

It seems the Vox as better pre-set modeling sounds but the Mustang I has the program feature to dl different modeling effects.

How good is the program? Are there tons of different sounds to browse through, how's the ease of use, is there a rating system for the modeling sounds in the program? Any other important info would be great...

Thanks!
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
If I had a choice i'd go the mustang, simply because you can swap and trade sounds online and prefer affordability and portability.
What are you mostly going to be playing?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Classic rock, alternative rock, punk. No metal and no blues.

I was more interested in the layout of the Fuse program the Mustang I uses.
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Vox VT 20+
Yeah I mean, the Mustang touches base with most all styles so why not. The fuse software is the added bonus in case you wanted to record as well. Not to mention the price is great.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
What you need to understand about the Mustang is that no matter how versatile it is, it's still just a cheap modeling amp with mediocre effects. You can spend a hell of a lot of time dicking around with different presets and most of them still don't sound good. Honestly, you'll be better off with a Bugera V5 and a distortion pedal. Sure it won't do nearly as much as the Mustang, but what it does do it will do much, much better.
Guessing by what he wants it for, he wants to home use/practice.
There is nothing wrong with the Mustangs for that.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Yes, just a practice amp.

I was hoping to find out on the Mustang FUSE program, they have modeling amp presets you can download from other people.

Was wondering if they were rated with the style as the name.

Example, I'm looking for a Slash tone... look it up, find a good rated one.. and try it out.

Is this how it works?
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Vox VT 20+
Don't people experiment with the tone/eq section of an amp any more? When I started it was all trial and error for good tone. Now everyone wants to know how to get "that" sound imediately.

Now don't get me wrong I think the setting sharing for the various modelers are a cool added feature, but very unnessisary IMO
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by i3oosted
I was hoping to find out on the Mustang FUSE program, they have modeling amp presets you can download from other people.

Was wondering if they were rated with the style as the name.

Example, I'm looking for a Slash tone... look it up, find a good rated one.. and try it out.

Is this how it works?

from what i have seen you can DL stuff from Fender using fuse, dunno if there is a community (but i can't imagine why not). it kinda works like that.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Yes you can look up presets by genra. You just can't hear them before you download them. There are ratings on some, if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since I have downloaded anything there. I have found some good ones and some really terrible ones (for the G-Dec). If you find one you like then you can see what the settings are and tweek it until you like it more. It's great if you're like me and are not sure how to get certain tones. The problem I have found with Fuse is that you can spend more time fiddleing around with settings than you do playing.