Hey guys, I was looking into getting this guitar because I love the 335 look, but don't want to break the bank on a new guitar. My only "complaint" about the looks of this guitar are the inlays. I just really love the way bock inlays look on the 335 style guitars. So I found these online and was really excited because I could easily do this to make the guitar look the way I want. I just want to know if anybody uses or has used these and if they are worth getting.
Bad idea, think about it.
If you're constantly bending strings and scratching it up, it's eventually going peel off or scratch off sometime and look awful.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Yeah thats what I figured. I only consider doing it just because its a budget guitar and it would be secondary to the Fender Strat I normally use.
for under 10 bucks, who cares if they suck?. I personally hate inlays, but man if I hadnt just drilled out the dots on my guitars I would definitely buy some stickers to cover the lousy bastards up.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
Quote by Eppicurt
Bad idea, think about it.
If you're constantly bending strings and scratching it up, it's eventually going peel off or scratch off sometime and look awful.

a string when pressed touches down to a fret, and not the wood itself, i think... unless someone presses a string ridiculously hard or something
LOL at first response. olix is on the right track here.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Quote by olix95
a string when pressed touches down to a fret, and not the wood itself, i think... unless someone presses a string ridiculously hard or something

Uhhh...think about you just said.
Of course it hits the wood. Usually those types of inlays don't go past the high E, so if you do a bend up on one of those, you'll start to get some scratch/peel on it.
And when stickers scratch you better believe it's a pain in the ass to get off.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
if your strings are touching wood, something is wrong... there shouldnt be much of an issue as the above person mentioned because they're thin stickers. i cant see that being a problem

that being said, they will eventually peel because they are just stickers. the sweat from your fingers is gonna peel them up. but i figure when that happens, just buy another set.

i dont know. i just think for under $10 you cant really go wrong.
Touch a string against a fretboard and move it back and forward. You can hear it scrape against the timber.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Uhhh...think about you just said.
Of course it hits the wood. Usually those types of inlays don't go past the high E, so if you do a bend up on one of those, you'll start to get some scratch/peel on it.
And when stickers scratch you better believe it's a pain in the ass to get off.

They are vinyl decals i believe. You shouldnt be hitting the wood when you fret, in most cases, if you do, a refret is in order.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
My apologies, I was wrong.
I would still recommend against it though.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Not to mention vibrato, in which your finger directly touches the wood.. :|
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Quote by Joe-Floyd-lover
Not to mention vibrato, in which your finger directly touches the wood.. :|

mine doesnt...
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Lol thanks for sorting out the whole string to fret/wood thing. But yeah if I end up getting the guitar I think I'll slap some of those on there and see what happens. Has anyone actually ever used these before?
Instruments and Gear:
Fender MiM Deluxe Player's Strat
Epiphone Dot
Fender T-Bucket 300 CE Acoustic
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Blues Jr.
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Loop Station
i have...they seem to be holding up...the only way you can tell they arent inlays if if you are right up on the guitar.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
How long have you had them on the guitar? Were they easy to install and do they peel easily?
Instruments and Gear:
Epiphone Dot
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Blues Jr.
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Loop Station
I've heard they are pretty durable. I mean, why would they make them if they're going to scratch of easily? I've heard that in some cases there was some residue after taking them off , but it really depends on the brand
Listen to jazz, it'll make you a better guitar player.

Whatever you do, stay creative
I've used inlays similar to those. They don't leave residue like regular stickers do.
I put some bat inlays on my sisters guitar and they don't touch the strings at all.
If my guitars didn't already have inlays, I'd get some of those.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Ok thanks guys!
Instruments and Gear:
Epiphone Dot
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Blues Jr.
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Loop Station
Quote by FenderGuy7893
How long have you had them on the guitar? Were they easy to install and do they peel easily?

I would say ive had em close to 6 months now..they havent peeled or show signs of it yet.

As far as installation...im a perfectionist...so i took forever to line them up lol.

The one on the right has em.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
I have Fret marker decals on several guitars and they hold up very well. Some have been on guitars for up to 3 years without a problem. I get mine form an Ebay seller Jockomo81. His decals seem to be the best out there.

http://stores.ebay.com/Jockomo-InlayStickers?_rdc=1

I tried one other and the decals were thicker material and didn't look as good as they did online.

If you decide to get them make sure you clean the fret board very well so they stick well. I recently had to remove some from one of my clients guitars because he wants to change his. They came off easy with no problem and left no residue. Waiting for his new set now.
John

“A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows public opinion”
I dunno why but I read the title as fecal inlay details

I must be pretty tired
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

i bought some as a goof.

they were inexpensive, easy to peel on and off, and held up fine.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Awesome! Thanks for all the help guys!
Instruments and Gear:
Epiphone Dot
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Blues Jr.
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Loop Station
Quote by olix95

Well shit, I've been playing my guitar wrong for years now.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I've scalloped one of my necks, and it helps me learn not to press so hard. Pressing lightly lets you shred faster and reduces intonation effects. Some frets are very low and its nearly impossible not to hit the wood on that kind of guitar, especially when bending. Small frets help you learn to be more accurate, and give less intonation. I recommend having more than one guitar (with significant differences!) so you can increase your versatility. I guess that's why I prefer cheap guitars, you can have lots and dont have to be quite so fussy when shopping and can be spontaneous. Some inexpensive guitars are very good.