So, on my Schecter (C1 +) I've been having some issues with bending. Only on the high E string, and from like....frets 12 and up, I can't bend even a whole step before the note cuts out. It's like strumming a muted strings. Plucking nothing. It just won't bend high. And I've been learning to play without bending so much, just sliding up a whole step 2 frets, but it's awful not to be able to do big bends on the high E string. I miss breaking strings all the time from bending so high.

Anyway....I don't know what the issue is, be it fret issues or something else. I've changed strings, so it's not a particular set that just sucks.

Anyone know what this may be? Thanks UG.
Raise the action on that side. That's what happens with the high strings when the action is too low.
The "technical" term is Fretting Out and is uncommon on necks with a flatter radius. My strat copy does it. Raising the action is about the only solution available, with the sometimes significant problem of uncomfortably high action. If its something that really bothers you, watch for it on the next guitar you buy. It's one of those things that doesnt bother some people, either because they dont really love low action or because they dont bend high notes. We all have different needs and tastes. That's why some apparently intelligent people can have such wrong opinions
Haha. Well when I bought this guitar, 2 summers ago, it had no issues I could tell of. Of course, I may have not noticed, because that was around the same era of my stupidity that I said "Wow, this Line 6 75 watt spider 3 is the best amp possible under 300$!"

Oh...and....since, like I said, I'm a n00b who knows nothing about set up....Can I just raise the action on that one string like, as little as possible, or is that horrible to do?
Last edited by lespaulkid123 at Jul 24, 2011,
If you have a FR you can raise the sting saddle with an allen key, if it is a TOM style you have to raise the bridge on the high E by moving the round nut under the TOM.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
use a tiny allen key that fits in the saddle and raise it a bit
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Another way i have found to beat this, in some cases anyhow, is to bend "at an angle." I will essentially pivot my fingers off off the fretting finger allowing me to get a higher pitch with less pushing of the string up(or down) the fretboard. As you start to bend the string, twist all three fingers, assuming you are fretting with the ring finger, so that they are no longer parallel to the neck, creating higher string tension through multiple bends in the string so you don't have to move it so much vertically.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
another problem might be that you need a fret job with a guitar tech
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1