So, I have a question about the Floyd Rose Special trems. They say they are as good if not better than LFR's, is this true?

I searched and not all my questions were answered, sorry if this is a bother.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
That is rather uninformative, care to elaborate?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
"I dunno how to set up a Floyd Rose and get one and try to change tunings every day and I think this is bad..."

Sorry, I just had to say that in regards tot he first response Also, bumping for info, as I'm interested in it as well, as the LTD deluxe and Artist series use it.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Tuning wise, if you use a Tremol-No you should have no issues with changing tunings regularly.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
I really don't care for FR syle trems, and everyone I know (that gig regularly) say to stay away from any LFR style bridge with the exception being the Edge III by Ibanez. At lest if you are trem crazy.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The FR Special is Floyd Roses own licensed version of the OFR. It has the same base-plate as the OFR and the saddles and sustain block are made out of Zinc instead of Steel/Brass. So your tuning stability and the Knife edges (most important) are as good as an OFR. You just have to be a little more careful with the saddles since they are not as tough as steel, and you can get brass sustain blocks cheep and replace the Zinc one.

I would say (IMO) they are the best LFR out there except for the Gotoh brand ones, a-lot of people say those are actually equal to or better than an OFR. The most important thing on a Floyd is the base-plate and the strength of the knife edges and the FR-Special has the same as the OFR, unless Floyd Rose is blowing smoke up our ass.

I will never buy another guitar without a Floyd on it, I think they are the greatest bridge system ever created.
So, essentially the FRS is the slightly cheaper version of an OFR?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by rgrockr

Watch my stream?
fair bit cheaper. it's not as good, basically (having not tried it, but i've tried the frt-x000, and i wouldn't want to cheap out much more).

though supposedly it's a direct swap for an ofr (haven't checked this myself), so...

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?