Hey UG,

I'm looking for a les paul body shape with 24 frets, good upper fret access, and a wide, flat, thick neck. Any ideas?

So far I've come across the Schecter Solo 6 (Hellraiser/blackjack), Dean Deceiver, and
Ibanez artist. I've never liked Ibby necks, so it's out. I really like the finish on the Dean, I think they call it transparent brazillia, but I've read that the hardware craps out quickly. Plus dean has a wonderful reputation here...

Leaning towards the Schecter, just wanted to see if you guys knew of any other options. Especially if they have a finish like the Dean.

Thanks
I think the Solo 6 is a fine guitar for the price. Even better used.
Look at the LTD line too.

inb4bashing explanation: play every guitar, pick the best one. Buy it. Done. Don't take brand into account, just buy the one you like.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by AWACS
Look at the LTD line too.

inb4bashing explanation: play every guitar, pick the best one. Buy it. Done. Don't take brand into account, just buy the one you like.

excellent advice.
A big factor will be comfort, how comfortable and how you feel when you play those guitars.
Schecter make nice guitars, and the Solo 6 would do you fine. Do look at the LTD EC401 or EC500(discontinued, but used it is available. The Epiphone Prophesy LP is soposed to be an excelent guitar also.

The PRS Tremonti se is probably the best value for quality/playability with a LP style shape.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Definitely give an ESP/LTD a look. 24 jumbo frets are excellent. Schecter is nice though, that'll probably be the next guitar I get.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Why would you toss out the Ibby? Have you tried it? The ARZ / AR series of Ibanez has a very different neck profile from the RG / S / X series. The necks are thicker on the ARZ / ARs.
Okay...another question, more for the metalheads out there. How important is it to have 24 frets with modern hard rock/metal? I ask because I'm really leaning towards a Solo 6 Custom, but it only has 22 frets.
dont look at the brand play them both take the one you love most. it's like this with everything in life, women, cars so even guitars.

also dont let the hardware influence you too much hardware is the easiest to swap out of upgrade.
Epiphone Prophecy. Excellent for the price. They look great, have all the hardware you want, so replacing anything isn't nessesary and all have very fast necks.

To answer that guy's question about the number of frets, having 24 frets is always better than having 22, particularly if you're a metal player. But it also depends if you're mainly into a leads, if that's the case, 24 frets are going to be nessesary to play certain lead sections. It's not the end of the world if your guitar has 22 though. You can always bend up to a high E and hope you don't break a string.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 25, 2011,