I finally managed to buy a new guitar, been waiting for this moment like 6 months. What I previously had was an Ibanez.. Now I was very pleased in the way it sounded and felt, but I didn't really need 24 frets anymore, since I'm not much of a shredding guitarist and also I didn't use Floyd Rose for anything "useful". I also needed a little beefier neck.
This guitar is an upgrade in every aspect. To me, it sounds great and it can produce very many sounds since you have volume & tone pots for each pickup. The guitar? It's a Gibson Les Paul Studio, finished in Ebony Black with Chrome Hardware. This guitar is brand new and I bought it from the local shop, Kitarataivas. I also got it a new set up instantly, since I'm not used to play with light strings and I usually play in D standard, so I got a .12 gauge D'Addario set.

Now, I believe you will want some pictures. (Yes, I have nice bed linen )
(Invalid img)
Yes, it's a case. They come with cases, but these cases don't have the number lock anymore.
(Invalid img)
Yeah, it looks amazing, yet it's simple and elegant.
(Invalid img)
I absolutely love the look of a rosewood fretboard. Although, ebony fretboards are really beautiful too.
(Invalid img)
The headstock implies the manufacturer and the model, also the serial in the back.
(Invalid img)
This is a really nice view, shows the shape of a Gibson Les Paul nicely.

Little more I can say of this guitar, this could be considered as a small review:
I think that this guitar fits my needs. The neck feels perfect for me. The volume pots clean up distortion well and I don't really need to mess with my amp or my pedal when I want less distortion. The tone pots adjust warmth and brightness really well. The tuners adjust tuning perfectly. Can't say much of staying in tuning yet, because the strings are brand new and they're still adjusting to the fit.
The worst thing I can find in this guitar: the strap buttons. They're really not that good. They've been the same for many years and it's good to honor the tradition, but still, getting strap-locks is a must for this guitar. Otherwise the guitar can fall when the strap buttons have dealt with your strap too much.
The other bad thing was kind of a season matter. It took almost 2 weeks for this guitar to arrive. The wait was painful, but absolutely worth it.
Next, I'm saving up for a new amp
Attachments:
Studio Case.jpg
Studio Front.jpg
Studio Fretboard.jpg
Studio Headstock.jpg
Studio Another View.jpg
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jul 23, 2011,
the nut probably sucks too. did the slot it for you with the .12s?

also, straplocks bro, and fast.

beautiful ebony lp right there.
Hngd
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by gregs1020
the nut probably sucks too. did the slot it for you with the .12s?

also, straplocks bro, and fast.

beautiful ebony lp right there.

Yeah, the local luthier and the shop owner slotted it for .12s, not much of a work, or that's at least what he said.
Uhuh, I do need the strap locks, because I'm quite afraid to drop the guitar I won't be able to get another 1070 euros that easily..

Quote by RR787
Hngd

Thanks!
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Lord Bastard
Well done sir, you got a Gibson instead of an Ibanez, good choice my friend!

Yeah well, I really didn't like the thin neck anymore. I think that this one produces a much "fuller" sound in cleans and distorted than the Ibanez. Also, this guitar feels more "traditional", even though the Les Paul Studio line isn't that old...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by Sakke
Yeah, the local luthier and the shop owner slotted it for .12s, not much of a work, or that's at least what he said.

good, otherwise tuning it would be very aggravating.

i still need to slot a guitar nut, drives me crazy when i'm tuning and all of a sudden, *bink* and it's sharp.

Quote by gregs1020
good, otherwise tuning it would be very aggravating.

i still need to slot a guitar nut, drives me crazy when i'm tuning and all of a sudden, *bink* and it's sharp.

I know how you feel.. When I had an Epiphone LP, I had that same problem
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

HNGD ! Love that LP!
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
^Thanks fellows
dylan08, I surely recommend it. It is truly a versatile guitar.
Ippon, I highly doubt I will get any guitar to replace it.. Other than a higher-range Gibson LP, but I think that I won't have money for that in 5-10 years. Besides, the Studio is so light (chambered body) that I might even stick with it, since I've had some back problems in the past and probably will have.

Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

That's one of my dream guitars. Miika Tenkula, one of my favourite guitarists, used the exact same guitar (same model, color, hardware etc, but with EMG pickups). Happy new guitar day!
Quote by darkravers009
HNGD, She's looking beautiful chap.

Thanks. Yeah, the guitar might look simple, but it is very stunning. The finish shines more in real life than in pictures, I had to take some light away to catch more accurate photos (Cellular cameras.. )
Quote by Poglia
That's one of my dream guitars. Miika Tenkula, one of my favourite guitarists, used the exact same guitar (same model, color, hardware etc, but with EMG pickups). Happy new guitar day!

I know right.. Miika Tenkula is the biggest influence in my guitar playing (Sentenced is also my most favourite band), but that didn't really affect much when I went on to search for a guitar. I wanted a guitar that feels as perfect as a non-custom can. This guitar did the trick.
I am probably going to change the pickups, but first I need a new amplifier and strap locks
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Last edited by Sakke at Jul 23, 2011,
Quote by Sakke
I know right.. Miika Tenkula is the biggest influence in my guitar playing (Sentenced is also my most favourite band), but that didn't really affect much when I went on to search for a guitar. I wanted a guitar that feels as perfect as a non-custom can. This guitar did the trick.
I am probably going to change the pickups, but first I need a new amplifier and strap locks
OMG, it's you! I just didn't look at your username when you posted it. Now, that explains a lot of things...
Last edited by Poglia at Jul 23, 2011,
Quote by Poglia
OMG, it's you! I just didn't look at your username when you posted it. Now, that explains a lot of things...

Hahaha
Yes, it might. But I guarantee that Tenkula's guitar of choice had probably 5% affection on my choice. I would have gone for Alpine White Chrome Hardware first, but then I noticed that the White finish gathers a lot of dust.. and then, white guitar wouldn't really fit me
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard