From personal experience i know that not all guitar pedals work to well, or at all, on bass. But some must do? What guitar pedals cross over and work on bass?
all of them, depending on how you want to use them
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Some of them may have a weaker effect since they're meant to work with higher frequencies that just aren't there, but they'll all do something. I'm pretty sure you can't damage them like you can damage a guitar amp but I'm not entirely sure.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Loop stations are definitely fine, a buddy of mine uses one in all his live bass performances!
Musical things I do
http://www.youtube.com/user/CGuitar2112

GEAR
Ibanez RG 7421
Ibanez S470DXQM - Viking Red
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN
Greg Bennet Custom
Peavey Raptor I
Atomic Reactor 112 Amp
Line 6 POD HD w/ MkII Express
Ahh good good, i know the distortions can be abit funny, what about stuff like phasers and flangers? anyone know if they work?
Yes, but the effect probably won't be as pronounced as you'd expect.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Ahhh i see... do any companies make specified bass phasers or flangers? I dont think ive ever seen one
Do you gain any clarity or whatever using a specified bass chorus over a guitar one? The bass ones seem to be more expensive...
Most time based effects work just as good on bass as they do on guitar. I have a non-bass phaser on my board and a non-bass chorus on my board. Both sound better, imo, then the boss pedals.

I've heard modulation pedals work just as good with bass as well but I can't confirm that.
Last edited by matt-attack at Jul 23, 2011,
Ahh good, thanks for clearing that up for me, Really didnt wanna shell out £50 on a pedal only to find it hardly works on my bass
The best thing you can do is try out all of the pedals on your own. Everybody has their own preferences.