hey im trying to start learning songs by ear, does anyone know what programs i could use to slow down the song or something else that would help
It might not be the best software for it but I use Audacity to transcribe music. It lets you slow it down and if you're into it, tweak the frequencies.
E:-6
B:-0
G:-5
D:-6
A:-0
E:-3
Use audacity.

You can slow down songs with it and change the pitches.

EDIT: Audacity is free as well.

Best to get this than waste money on other programs that you have to pay for.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Jul 23, 2011,
Quote by philman400
hey im trying to start learning songs by ear, does anyone know what programs i could use to slow down the song or something else that would help

Rather than slowing things down, I suggest you start with easier songs.
Pick a song you can handle. Gradually work your way to more difficult material.
shred is gaudy music
"Transcribe!" is great for this. I believe it is about $40 and it lets you slow down any section of music and loop it without affecting pitch.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
one more thing any tips on some easy songs to practice learning by ear. not like mary had a little lamb like well known rock songs
Quote by philman400
one more thing any tips on some easy songs to practice learning by ear. not like mary had a little lamb like well known rock songs

depends. how well do you know theory?
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
try some AC/DC or if you like something heavyer - Metallica

to make it easyer pick a song and find out (on the internet/by recognising chords etc.) what key it is in.

if youre not sure how this will help you in figuring songs out by ear - expand your theory knowledge. On this site, in lesson section there is a great lesson, on basics one needs to know, im on my mobile device and cant link it right now

im training my ear now too, since ive been neglecting it from the very begining

best of luck
Quote by the_white_bunny
the point of life is to die.
and pay taxes.

Quote by /PurpleWhalez/
Blasphemy as severe as this is fucking unforgivable and by bullshito code you must commit sudoku for disgracing famirys honoru.
Doesn't windows media player have an option somewhere where you can set playback to a percentage or something (like 50% for half speed)?