I'm looking into buying a 7 string guitar in the near future. I want one that won't cost me a lot, but will still sound good and work for at least 5 years before I have to toss it.

I've looked into an Ibanez RG7321 and I hear good things about it, but it's just a little too expensive. Are there any cheaper ones that match my standards, or is this my best shot?
Ibanez RG7321. Thats it. For the price those are about the best you can get, trust me I've tried to find something else but they where all shit, especially the Washburn stuff.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Schecter are pretty good for the money, and I managed to get a b-stock one pretty cheap, and that was after importing it into England.
I was about to suggest a Schecter C7FR, I love mine and it's lasted me well. But then I saw that the RG7321 is out of your price range, and the C7FR is more expensive than that... honestly you'd have to look pretty hard to find a good quality 7 string for any cheaper than that, the RG may be your best choice.
If the 7321 is too expensive, look at a used one. In fact I'm selling mine if you want it.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by theknuckster
Schecter are pretty good for the money, and I managed to get a b-stock one pretty cheap, and that was after importing it into England.

I had actually played the Omen 7-string(I think that's the one you are referring too). It was pretty sweet, but I'm not much of a 7-string player.
I'm a Schecter fanboy and my opinions are facts.
Quote by Levi79
Used Ibanez RG7421, RG7621, or RG7620. They will be 10+ years old, but they will be made in Japan and probably the best quality 7 under $500. They're basically the same as teh Prestige RG1527 that's made today but they were made before Prestige existed.

This.

Or look for a used Squier Stagemaster 7.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
there was a Ibanez prestege 7 string on national ebay here...
some weeks ago. for only €400...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by Levi79
Used Ibanez RG7421, RG7621, or RG7620. They will be 10+ years old, but they will be made in Japan and probably the best quality 7 under $500. They're basically the same as teh Prestige RG1527 that's made today but they were made before Prestige existed.

This.

You won't find a 7 string that plays better for under $1000
Quote by Twistedrock
If the 7321 is too expensive, look at a used one. In fact I'm selling mine if you want it.

No thanks, I'm thinking ahead for maybe a year or 2 from now.