Page 1 of 21
DEADLINE HAS PASSED; WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS.

After completing the first Acoustic Covers Album, we decided to experience the fun (and the hardships...) all over again by initiating a second project. So here it is!

For anyone interested, here are the details:
-Record an acoustic cover of any song.
-Although it's preferred that the song isn't originally acoustic, no one's going to kill you if you cover one anyway (Hell, I might just end up doing that myself. )
-Submit your song as an mp3 at 320 kbps in WAV or AIFF format by uploading it to mediafire or a similar file-sharing website and posting the download link in this thread. When posting the link, please follow the format below.*
-One song will be accepted per contributor. If you want to submit more than one cover, choose a "definite" submission which will be placed on the album; the rest will be voted on later by the Pit to determine which additional songs will make it on the final album.
-As said above, we'll try to accept at least one song per person, but please try to record something to the best of your ability. It may sound a bit mean, but I doubt anyone will want to listen to an album of... eh... terrible-sounding recordings.

DEADLINE: the last day of October (extensions will be made if necessary, but I'm sure everyone will have enough time).
The project deadline has been extended, but a new date hasn't been decided yet. Until we chose a deadline, anyone can submit a cover.
November 18th

If you're interested, let me know and I'll add you to the participants list. We'll also need album art, so if anyone wants to take care of that, just post your art in the thread.
Now... let's get this party started!

*Format for posting submissions:
After posting the download link, please post the...
Artist name (this will be either your username, your real name, or some sort of other artist name that you want to be credited under)
Original Artist (the artist who originally performed the song)
Song Name (name of the song you're covering obviously >_>)

Participants:
Jon777
Mr_Jubby_Jubs
jazzcat714
L2112Lif
jetfuel495 (maybe)
rworsl
Gibson06
TheTones
Saint78
bleedandblister
TV-Casualty
bastards
G!!
Dawginator
tacaco1000
Kutless Rocker
Just_Matt
rocknrollstar
_KurtCobain_77
Kill0Switch
GoodCharloteSux
Mother Flame
racman92
Primus2112
BrokenDstring
KTFM
12Jim34
Crofty89
EdawMail
TheZephyrSon
Gaiad
im not mental
TheReverend724
skater5thg
OG frenchy
cyco_bob56
rockfan7
whoknows
MrShabby
pullingthrough
ethanwhufc
robbo546hall
FlyingPirahna
bfmv159
Stud_Muffin
TheCosmicTurtle
AJSaw
3OddOnes
ApatheticMe
LesPaulGuy514
Villearreal92 (maybe)
fearofthemark
SpillyMcKid
sugar_daddy
GAPendragon
wkdsoul
IRISH_PUNK13
kylepianoman
stevosmusic1
Fearless(Times)
Jimmy10
Twist of fate
that guy again
Felixblaze
xFilth

Submissions Received (if you submitted something but it isn't on the list, please PM me):
MrJubbyJubs - Radio (Alkaline Trio Cover)
Tomorrow's Yesterday (skater5thg) - Free Fallin' (Tom Petty Cover)
pullingthrough - Repo Man (Ray Lamontagne Cover)
Whoknows - Coma White (Marilyn Manson Cover)
Michael O'Neil - AKA... What a Life! (Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds Cover)
SpillyMcKid - Is There Anybody Out There? (Pink Floyd Cover)
Jimmy10 - The Blue Ghost/Shedding Qliphoth (maudlin of the Well Cover)
Twist of Fate - Cute Without the E (Taking Back Sunday Cover)
C.J Finn - Perfect Day (Lou Reed Cover)
Rob Hall - Angel in the Snow (Elliot Smith Cover)
Tony B - Last Chance To Evacuate Planet Earth Before It Is Recycled (Porcupine Tree Cover)
G!! - Back in Black (AC/DC Cover)
Euphoric Noise - Blue Moon (Elvis Presley Cover)
Matt R - Exit Music (For a Film) (Radiohead Cover)
Colten Hood - Emily (Issac Hayden Cover)
Christopher Wassmer - Sour Girl (Stone Temple Pilots Cover)
Christopher Wassmer - Vasoline (Stone Temple Pilots Cover)
Jon777 - Percées de Lumière (Alcest Cover
Rob Hall - Pictures of You (The Cure Cover)

Other stuff:
UG Community Acoustic Covers Album release thread
UG Community Acoustic Covers Album planning thread
Last edited by Jon777 at Dec 31, 2011,
Quote by laid-to-waste
does there have to be vocals?

Nope.

Quote by G!!
Sounds interesting. If we're allowed to collabourate with people who can sing, then I'll take a seat on this here bandwagon.

Collaborations are fine.
is it okay if i use an electric with an acoustic sim?

stupid question, i know, i don't have a mic and my acoustic isn't electric so i can't plug into the mac.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by L2112Lif
You don't have a Mac with an onboard mic?

i do, but the mic isn't exactly recording-friendly. it buzzes, and it makes me sound funny.
I'd like to have a go at one, not sure what yet though
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by laid-to-waste
is it okay if i use an electric with an acoustic sim?

That would be stretching it a bit...

Maybe just try something with your onboard mic. There can be a bit of buzzing and whatnot, just as long as it doesn't sound horrendous. If you take a listen to the previous Acoustic Covers Album, there are a few songs with noticeable mic buzz.
Does anyone want to sing either ; High and Dry, About a Girl or Lithium ?

Btw, if anyone wants to I'll definately be in
Last edited by TheTones at Jul 23, 2011,
I'm pumped about that late deadline! I can't record until I go back to school in late august but I'm in!
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Jon777
That would be stretching it a bit...

Maybe just try something with your onboard mic. There can be a bit of buzzing and whatnot, just as long as it doesn't sound horrendous. If you take a listen to the previous Acoustic Covers Album, there are a few songs with noticeable mic buzz.

okay, fine, i admit

i don't have an acoustic

we're still cool, right?

yeah, no, i'll just join the next 30 day album challenge
Quote by L2112Lif
I'd totally do High and Dry. About a Girl was a crowd favorite, but I hate my voice when I sing it.

High and Dry then ? Awesome. Maybe Lotus Flower ? Or is that pushing it ?
Quote by laid-to-waste
okay, fine, i admit

i don't have an acoustic

we're still cool, right?

yeah, no, i'll just join the next 30 day album challenge

Get out.

Kidding. Glad you showed interest, anyway.
Quote by Jon777
Get out.

Kidding. Glad you showed interest, anyway.

i read somewhere that you can make an acoustic within 200 or so hours, if i work four times as fast and use better shit costing around £500, i can make one in like 50 hours

i'll be back in like three days, believe in me, bro
Quote by laid-to-waste
i read somewhere that you can make an acoustic within 200 or so hours, if i work four times as fast and use better shit costing around £500, i can make one in like 50 hours

You have my sword.

EDIT: Oh shit, wait, I'm storming a castle tomorrow, gonna need that back.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
You have my sword.

i already have a sword

wait for it

in my pants

hi5 bro

Quote by Mr_Jubby_Jubs
EDIT: Oh shit, wait, I'm storming a castle tomorrow, gonna need that back.

dude

that shit hurt

no really i have to get back to making my laid-to-wizzle brand acoustizzle

shit's revolutionary

does anybody know where i can buy glue
Quote by bleedandblister
heres our album art

i like it

i think it's redy
Is it okay if I do acoustic with distortion layovers? Otherwise I'll probably do Machine Gun Man or dust off a Johnny Cash tune
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by TheTones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbvc5vv_bx8

we could just do High and Dry, but I think Lotus would be pretty good. Do you want me to record a bass part aswell ?

Either if its acoustic, or no one has any reservations about the bass part, I'd be alright with that.

Lotus might be really good, but my falsetto has a brighter, sharper tone than Thom's, so I just don't think that it would work out well with an acoustic guitar.
Quote by bleedandblister
heres our album art

That would be really cool, with a watermark in the center of the elephant from the first album cover.

EDIT: Sorry for the DP.

EDIT2: Could we make a digital booklet for this one, like, a description of the contributor's musical background and their typical musical style? I think that could be pretty cool, so that people get to know each of us, rather than just the music.
Last edited by L2112Lif at Jul 23, 2011,
Quote by L2112Lif
Either if its acoustic, or no one has any reservations about the bass part, I'd be alright with that.

Lotus might be really good, but my falsetto has a brighter, sharper tone than Thom's, so I just don't think that it would work out well with an acoustic guitar.

We could just stick with high and dry then, Do you think I would have to do the Jonny Greenwood part in the song , as that is the solo and what have you , I was thinking , more just a strummy sort of version ?
Quote by laid-to-waste

Don't you disappoint me again.

Quote by bastards
Is it okay if I do acoustic with distortion layovers? Otherwise I'll probably do Machine Gun Man or dust off a Johnny Cash tune

I'm trying to keep this strictly acoustic, but if the distortion is kept to a minimum I'll take it.
Quote by L2112Lif
That would be really cool, with a watermark in the center of the elephant from the first album cover.

EDIT: Sorry for the DP.

do you know where i can get the elephant photo from? i wanna try this. and ill change the font away from Comic Sans hahaha
Quote by Saint78
Im in. Probably a Ramones cover.

Or Bastards of Young by the Replacements. Can someone do the vocals?
you're a stone fox
Quote by TheTones
We could just stick with high and dry then, Do you think I would have to do the Jonny Greenwood part in the song , as that is the solo and what have you , I was thinking , more just a strummy sort of version ?

I really like what they do with the layering.

It is a cover, so it doesn't need to be an exact copy. Make the instrumentation into what you want it to be.
Quote by bleedandblister
do you know where i can get the elephant photo from? i wanna try this. and ill change the font away from Comic Sans hahaha

It's in the first album's release thread. There's a link to it in the OP under "Other Stuff."

Quote by L2112Lif

Yes. I like this idea.

Quote by L2112Lif
Could we make a digital booklet for this one, like, a description of the contributor's musical background and their typical musical style? I think that could be pretty cool, so that people get to know each of us, rather than just the music.

If someone wants to organize and design some sort of pdf booklet, I'm up for it. It might be difficult getting every contributor to add something about themselves, though.
Quote by Jon777
Don't you disappoint me again.

I'm trying to keep this strictly acoustic, but if the distortion is kept to a minimum I'll take it.

It was actually going to be I'd Love to Change the World, so the distortion would be a little excessive. But I can keep it strictly acoustic, just not with that song
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by bleedandblister

Yeah. I think you could just take the photo from the release thread for the first album, and crop out the lettering. Probably make it smaller, and watermarking is a pretty simple process; there are a ton of tutorials on the interwebz for it.