Hey guys I have recently started playing guitar and my parents got me a squier strat (bullet) for my birthday in august and im planning on playing a lot of chili peppers stuff and would like to know what pickups would be good to get a good frusciante tone as my band plays a lot of chili peppers and my guiatarist cant always bring his guitar to my house for jams etc
hope you can help
Bare Knuckle Pickups: Mother's Milk. ITS EVEN NAMED AFTER RHCP.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Don't change the pickups, change your whole guitar and probably even your amp once you play a bit longer. Upgrading a cheap Squier isn't worth it TBH.
Yeah, Frusciante plays vintage American made strats through Marshall full stacks and tons of pedals. His sound isn't easy to replicate, and a better amp now and a better guitar later will be the best steps on the way to sounding like him.
you can start with pickups..gotta begin somewhere
let him get a feel for it guys

i recommend duncan ssl-1 pickups
you can find some vids on youtube
pretty solid frusciante tone
Taylor 314CE
Modulus G2T and G3CT
3 Warmoth Guitars
2 Fender MIA Strats--SRV & JM
Alvarez w/ Modulus Neck and EMG DG-20s
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50 w/ 1960a cab
Breedlove AC250/SM12
Gold Tone Weissenborn
Adrenalinn III & FCB1010
ALOT of pedals
Quote by AXmichigan
you can start with pickups..gotta begin somewhere
let him get a feel for it guys

But on a cheaper amp new pickups likely wont make much of a difference. The money he would spend on pickups but be better put towards an amp. I don't think the TS is really looking for new pickups, he's looking for a Frusciante tone. If that's the case then the amp is a better place to start than the pickups.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
If the amp would be better what kind of amp (within reason) I don't have an amp yet neither my guitar.
^How much are you willing to spend?

If you can afford it, a Marshall Haze combo might get pretty damn close to the tones you want.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Don't change the pickups, change your whole guitar and probably even your amp once you play a bit longer. Upgrading a cheap Squier isn't worth it TBH.

agree. dude any pickups that will get you that sound will cost way more than your guitar is worth. save for better equipment and just learn to play. as mentioned the greatest pickups in the world won't matter unless you have an amp capable of letting them shine. a squier bullet is bottom of the barrel and while it will work to start learning don't expect any more from it.
Quote by TheSides
If the amp would be better what kind of amp (within reason) I don't have an amp yet neither my guitar.

You don't have an amp at all at the moment? Pickups definitely wouldn't make a difference then

What's your budget?
I see what you mean but ive heard some good sounds from a bullet is a roland cube amp any good as a starter?
Also what settings etc would even give me a bit of fru tone?
Quote by TheSides
I see what you mean but ive heard some good sounds from a bullet is a roland cube amp any good as a starter?
Also what settings etc would even give me a bit of fru tone?

Roland cube is definitely a great amp in that price range, only thing is it's seems to be slightly better geared towards rock and metal, as is the Peavey Vypyr. The Fender Mustangs and Vox VT's would likely be better for the lighter side of things though I haven't played the newer models myself.

Can you give us a specific price range to work with?
Quote by TheSides
Hey guys I have recently started playing guitar and my parents got me a squier strat (bullet) for my birthday in august and im planning on playing a lot of chili peppers stuff and would like to know what pickups would be good to get a good frusciante tone as my band plays a lot of chili peppers and my guiatarist cant always bring his guitar to my house for jams etc
hope you can help

None, there's no point you wasting money on pickups yet or for a long while - besides the bullet will work fine for those tones.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have a Fender Mustang amp and they are REALLY good for the price. It's $100 for the 20 watt combo and it has models of two Marshalls, and more for just about any other style. And they're about as close as you can get to the sound of a roaring tube amp without spending a lot of money on an actual tube amp. I'd definitely recommend it.
If your in the uSA GFS has some really good p/u's that are 1/2 the price of Duncans/Dimarzio.
I ordered a set if lil punchers for a tele build I'm doing and the set cost $50!!!! just 1 duncan will cost you $73.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate