Hello all i have just started learning the electric guitar a couple of months ago and i am getting decent progression.

I use a really crap Encore guitar with a very decent amplifier marshall MG 15DFX.

Prity much my main question is if i buy a better more expensive guitar will i receive a better quality tone in regards to my current encore guitar.

I think i know the answer all ready but got confused when my friend said the sound is all in the amplifier and the guitar will not make that much of a difference to the actual sound.

This didn't sound right information to me at all.

Also if a better guitar would make the sound alot better is they any guitars you can recommend for my style of guitarist. I like to play and listen to bands such as avenged sevenfold, guns and roses, red hot chilli peppers and people such as gary moore. So prity much rock, metal and a little bit of jazz, but mainly rock and metal.

I was looking at the synyster gates custom guitar, but is they better guitars for cheaper?
This should go to the Electric Guitar forum. And yes, there are much better guitars for cheaper than the Synyster Gates Custom. Generally speaking, signature guitars cost more than a non signature guitar of equatable quality.
Quote by Momentosis
Prity

Also this.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Prity
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
the difference between a £60 guitar and a £180 guitar is massive.

but the difference between a £180 guitar and a £700 one is relatively small.

you will probably like an ibanez, they're all great guitars and they're the most versatile i've come across.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
hello im justin and i have a question. First off I've been playing for two years and have a tiny little fender amp that sounds like slight distortion on clean and a blue spectrum sg style. i was wondering if you could give me some pointers on what to do since im poor?
Quote by edge of life
i was wondering if you could give me some pointers on what to do since im poor?

Get a job?
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
im trying i got a number from triple threat records to play bass. since i also play bass. but my parents said no school first
Quote by mrdavidoriol
Hello all i have just started learning the electric guitar a couple of months ago and i am getting decent progression.

I use a really crap Encore guitar with a very decent amplifier marshall MG 15DFX.

Prity much my main question is if i buy a better more expensive guitar will i receive a better quality tone in regards to my current encore guitar.

I think i know the answer all ready but got confused when my friend said the sound is all in the amplifier and the guitar will not make that much of a difference to the actual sound.

Also if a better guitar would make the sound alot better is they any guitars you can recommend for my style of guitarist. I like to play and listen to bands such as avenged sevenfold, guns and roses, red hot chilli peppers and people such as gary moore. So prity much rock, metal and a little bit of jazz, but mainly rock and metal.

I was looking at the synyster gates custom guitar, but is they better guitars for cheaper?

The Synyster Gates custom costs so much because its a custom. Its a good guitar, but you can get other schecters (for much cheaper) that have similar quality. I would head over to guitar center and look at the schecters in your price range, then look at the reviews.

Specifically, look at ones with split coil pickups. You can push/pull the knobs; when you do it makes the humbucker a single coil. That will get you some of the more classic sounds (along with red hot chili peppers). Schecters are not the only brand with split coils but its a decent brand.
Protips:

1: If you want a better sound, buy a better amp. If you want better playability, buy a better guitar.

2:
Quote by mrdavidoriol
a very decent amplifier marshall MG 15DFX.

Don't ever say that on here, or ever again.
Quote by mrdavidoriol

Firstly the MG is absolutely awful. Maybe in a few years time you'll develop an ear for tone.

Secondly post this in the Electric Guitar Forum.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Last edited by Adam124 at Jul 23, 2011,
A better guitar will make you a better player, and motivate you more.

If you intend to play live, a better amp would be more useful [and don't kid yourself. If you don't have a band don't worry too much about amps until you get a better guitar first].
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
You should probably look into anything that sounds good. MG's are good I suppose, although no one on these forums seem to like them (Crushing overdrive, lol).

You should probably look into what materials your guitar is made out of. If your guitar is made out of crappy plywood, yeah. A new axe is going to make a lot of difference, but if your amp is a pile of turd, you're still going to sound like crap.

When I was in school, I played a Yamaha semi hollow (I loved that guitar) through a Crate with all the different presets. It was a digital modeller, but much better than the Line 6 I have now. If you're looking to write or just jam a LOT, the line 6 jam is cool if you don't mind the crappy sound.

Schectars are cool, just remember it's what you need and you should try out different things.

And also to the 14 year old, go look at the damn rules. FTLOG your grammar is horrid. If you're poor, you can't get a new guitar. Practice with what you have, because the gear won't make you a Slash.
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412