It was pretty much an impulse buy, saw it used on marktplaats for 350, and couldn't pass it up (local newprice would be around 600).

Quick review of the Marshall 1960a:

I've been using a framus 2x12 V30 for almost 3 years now, so this Marshall 4x12 G12t-75 is very different! In a good way though.

It is built like a tank, but surprisingly light. I had little difficulty carrying it over rough terrain (it has wheels for the smooth surfaces). Slightly heavier than the Framus 2x12, but the tolex and grill cloth are thicker.

This cab has a fuller (albeit bit looser) low end than the Framus 2x12. Most likely due to the cabinet dimensions. I should note however, that although loose, it isn't boomy. In fact, the framus was more boomy. I can actually use more bass on my amp with the Marshall without it woofing out on me.

The lower mids are less pronounced with the G12t-75 speakers. It simply doesn't growl the same way a V30 does. However, my ENGL has a lo and hi mid knob, so not a problem for me.

Higher mids are much smoother in this cabinet. I was always struggling between note definition and harshness / nasal sounds with the framus. This marshall is instantly smoother, which resulted in a creamier lead tone. It won't cut as much as my old framus 2x12 V30, and won't have that thick upper mid palm mute, but that is something I'm willing to sacrifice.

Highs are smoother. This cabinet really sings without getting shrill quickly.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. This cabinet has a nice controlled low end, and smooth highs. The mids will take some getting used to (as I'm used to V30s) but I'm sure with some tweaking I'll be fine. I might swap 2 speakers with V30s later for the best of both worlds.
WTLTL 2011
NICE!!

I saw it too, but as i am saving for something different, i didn't really considered it...

In the local store there was a 1960a new for 550€ IIRC, but that was some time ago

but CONGRATZ!!

EDIT:

forgot to say HCD!!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jul 23, 2011,
nice!

rough terrain?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ he had gigs in chile.

Mark!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
^ he had gigs in chile.

Mark!

oh ok

to be fair everywhere is rough terrain compared to the netherlands. my garden would probably count as a mountain there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh ok

to be fair everywhere is rough terrain compared to the netherlands. my garden would probably count as a mountain there

Bad stereotypic man!!! D:

i don't wanted to say anything, but it's not true, in Denmark it's less bumpy than the Netherlands ( we still have 220M high hills ) but in Limburg xDDD
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
haha i was only kidding. it's not like we have the himalayas in Northern Ireland either, iirc the highest mountain here is like 880 metres or so.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
haha i was only kidding. it's not like we have the himalayas in Northern Ireland either, iirc the highest mountain here is like 880 metres or so.

yeahh......

Northern Ireland is REALLLLLYY green BTW XD

PS: i know ur joking
PPS: lets stay on topic
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Quote by gregs1020
^ he had gigs in chile.

Mark!

Peru actually

Quote by Tunder250
NICE!!

I saw it too, but as i am saving for something different, i didn't really considered it...

In the local store there was a 1960a new for 550€ IIRC, but that was some time ago

but CONGRATZ!!

EDIT:

forgot to say HCD!!

There's another one for 350, but its more banged up.

Quote by Dave_Mc
nice!

rough terrain?

I hiked a bloody mountain (more like a hill) to get that thing to my car. I had to dodge polar bears and llamas along the way. Global warming huh?

Quote by Ippon
Congrats!

When you get the funds/chance, experiment! Try the V30s from your 212 in your 412 with Swamp Thangs or G12K100s in a X-pattern.

I put the framus up for sale. If I can't sell it I will most definitely pop them into the marshall. Either X pattern or to the left/right as I have a stereo rig
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Jul 23, 2011,
Quote by Mark G
There's another one for 350, but its more banged up.

I put the framus up for sale. If I can't sell it I will most definitely pop them into the marshall. Either X pattern or to the left/right as I have a stereo rig

1. Bump for you
2. i prefer a 212 to a 412 ( and my parents think a 410 is even too big :/
3. For howmuch you wanna sell it?? Im kinda interested mail me: jeffrey.de.kok@hotmail.com

Just saw the advertaisement...
250€ is a little too much for me
Maybe we could make a friend-deal? ^^
Quote by RetroGunslinger

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Framus FR212 v30
Last edited by Tunder250 at Jul 24, 2011,
Plus, nothing looks as "right" on stage as a Marshall cab does it? Stick all your fancy grills and flashy tolex; even to the idiot masses (particularly to the idiot masses) a Marshall 1960 screams "serious muso".
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Plus, nothing looks as "right" on stage as a Marshall cab does it? Stick all your fancy grills and flashy tolex; even to the idiot masses (particularly to the idiot masses) a Marshall 1960 screams "serious muso".

Just as well to stick a Marshall logo on any random cab though.

HNCD, would love one myself.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
But it's the whole aesthetic, not just the logo. It would have to be a black cab and you'd have to add the white piping. The average clod may not know what exactly looks wrong about it but they'd know something was wrong. Everybody on the planet has grown up looking at Marshall cabs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Tunder250
1. Bump for you
2. i prefer a 212 to a 412 ( and my parents think a 410 is even too big :/
3. For howmuch you wanna sell it?? Im kinda interested mail me: jeffrey.de.kok@hotmail.com

Just saw the advertaisement...
250€ is a little too much for me
Maybe we could make a friend-deal? ^^

Well, 200 is fair imo. I always start a bit high when trying to sell I'm going to do some speaker tests later today. I wonder what it'll sound like with G12T-75.

I'll probably put some miced clips up tomorrow of Marshall G12T-75, Marshall V30, Framus V30, and Framus G12T-75. Cool test?

I checked and the speakers are all solderless, simple clip ins. So should be pretty easy
WTLTL 2011
HNCD! i also considered a impulse buy of one of those a while ago, but got some other stuff instead :P

maby you try it with the v30s also in it before you sell the framus, jsut to see the difference, ive heard good things about those g12 mixed with v30
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard