Hey I'm after selling my amplifier, and with the money i'd like to finaly buy myself a telecaster (one of my all time fave guitars after the les paul...and instrument which for weight issues I by and large cannot play...)

I have exactly €250 to spend, my plan is to try and buy a cheap tele and do it up a bit (a project which worked rather well on an sx strat i've been doing up )

I've narrowed it down to these guitars;

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Guitars/T-models/Fender-Squier-Vint.Mod.-Tele-Custom-Black/art-GIT0005338-001

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Guitars/T-models/Fender-Squier-Std.-Tele-Special-RW-Black-Mirror-Chrom-Top-Load/art-GIT0005860-000

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Guitars/T-models/Fender-Squier-Vint.Mod.-Tele-CustomII-Butterscotch-Blonde-P90-/art-GIT0005529-002

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Vintage-V2-BLD-ehm.TC200BD/art-GIT0013293-000

I don't need it to be a great all rounder, as it'll mostly be used for light punk (which i've seen cheap tele's used for quite well on the local scene).
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
I can't order agile as i am from ireland (the tax i would have to pay would be mental even if i could)
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
I've heard Squire Classic Vibe Tele's are pretty good. Unsure of the price. You could always get a regular Squire Tele (look for a good neck that you like though. How important is build quality to you?)

I've heard that the only really bad parts about a Squire (that really stand out) are its bad electronics. So if you're modding it in the first place, then you can get better electronics. and it will/could be an equivalent to an MiM stock Tele.
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Is Vintage guitars availabe in Ireland? I know you can get them in England.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Used MIM?

I've played Squier CV Strats and they've generally sounded good but I didn't like the feel of them. Felt kinda toy-ish. Definitely sounded good for the money though. I'd recommend you try a Classic Vibe Tele.
Last edited by Duv at Jul 23, 2011,
Wow did anyone even look at his links? Sheesh..

TS, I'd say get one of the Vintage Modified or the Vintage, and that depends mainly on what kind of pickups you want.

The VM Tele Custom has humbuckers, the VM Tele Custom II has P90s, and the Vintage has single coils.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Wow did anyone even look at his links? Sheesh..

TS, I'd say get one of the Vintage Modified or the Vintage, and that depends mainly on what kind of pickups you want.

The VM Tele Custom has humbuckers, the VM Tele Custom II has P90s, and the Vintage has single coils.

I'm not too fussy on the types of pickups (at this stage I've used each respective type and genuinely dont have a massive preference to either of them). I've heard great things about the vintage mod, especially the variant..

Btw, people are mentioning second hand mim's, the second hand market is dead here..I've checked, but tele's aren't very common on the used Market here for some reason... As for a cv tele..I've played a few..they are good, but considering I wantto heavily mod..I'm thinking I might just go after something like what I've provided in the links..

Somebody asked about how important build quality is..basically..I don't care if the electrics are shocking, I expect that..what I'm mainly looking for is something that doesn't lose tune after one 3 minute song...I dot expect miracles, just ok tuners until I buy new ones...and semi-decent wood (beggars can't be choosers I know...but it has to be alright as a platform to mod).

The main reason I'm going cheap and cheerful is college..I don't have the money to worry about expensive guitars being stolen/damaged.. So modifying cheap stuff is my prefered route for peace of mind for now...
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
Quote by CrazyPigeon
I've heard very good things about Vintage.

I think I may be leaning towards the vintage..just found out an old friend has one, so I'll be jamming with him tonight..if I like what I hear I'll buy one
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
Ok...just to anybody keeping tabs on this thread... I jammed with my old friend, and got to play the vintage v2 through my set-up...it sounded amazing and has lead to me ordering one.

Thanks so very much to the people who have spent their time trying to help me out, it means alot

Will make sure to mention you guys as a thank you in my NGD post
Follow me on twitter!!
@Stuie93

100% Irish and proud

Glory glory Man Utd
No worries, thats what this forum is for.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate