Hi!
My friend and I decided to, after ~1 year of playing individually, start playing for reals!
But, we still can't find drummer and bassist.
All we have of gear are 2 guitar amplifiers and 2 guitars, and I'll be getting Shure sm57 mic for singing.
We want to use backing track to get drums until we find the drummer.

Now, since I never worked with mics, how to get a decent sound out of it?
Is there a software or something?
Or I just connect mic to PC and scream into it?
Btw, we'll be playing early Metallica stuff - for now.
"On a microscopic level, these tiny, sharp particles move through your system, attracting everything from bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals."

\m/\m/
Last edited by metallicafréak at Jul 23, 2011,
I believe this should be moved to Bandleading...

However, backing tracks suck to use unless you're just practising on your own, I'd say just play to a metronome untill you guys can find a drummer (=
Also, a mic won't do anything on it's own, you need a monitor or a P.A. and they're expensive. If you don't want to buy that kind of gear then there will probably be rehersal rooms near you where you can hire out gear for an hour or two.

You could connect a Mic to a computer if you had the right interface and stuff but it won't sound great and will probably damage your speakers at some point. You won't need to be loud untill you can find a drummer, untill then just turn the guitars down and sing over normally (=
I'll move it to bandleading then.
Also, thanks.
"On a microscopic level, these tiny, sharp particles move through your system, attracting everything from bacteria, fungi, protozoa, viruses, endotoxins, pesticide and drug residues, E-Coli, and heavy metals."

\m/\m/