I play on drop b for a month-two and i think i need some thicker strings.
I'm thinking at Dunlop Heavy Core 12-54.
What do you guys say ? Are enough or need to buy thicker than this ?

Thanks in advance.
Depends on the scale length of the guitar, what are you playing?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I assume you're doing low B and the rest is 1.5 steps down? Then yeah, that would be great for that tuning. Standard gauge on a 7-string for low B is .56, but that should be fine. May be a little loose but, it should do.
I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms on my Iceman ICT700 with no problem in Drop B and Drop Bb. I did not have to file the nut for the low E which is key.
Quote by IbanezIceman09
I use Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms on my Iceman ICT700 with no problem in Drop B and Drop Bb. I did not have to file the nut for the low E which is key.

I've used quite a few of those sets, for B-F#-B-F#-B-D#. Works great for the other strings but the 6th string is .52 which is just too loose for low B for my taste. Even on a 25.5 scale. Sometimes it can cause tuning/intonation problems. But whatever works for you I guess.
If your guitar is 24.75 scale, I'd probably go for .13s with a 060 6th string. I'm used to heavy strings, I use .12 gauge on my Gibson LP in D standard, feels perfect.
If your guitar is 25.5 scale, I'd probably go for .12s with a 056 6th string. It wouldn't at least be too loose, heaviness is always good..
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Poglia
Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky.

Try these. I use them for C# standard and Drop B and they work fine. The low E is a .056 and handles the low tuning quite well. You can find them online for under 6 bucks a pack. Try Amazon.com, it's a cool place.

Also, the G string is plain, not wound, so it'll be easier to bend. I had trouble bending a wound G, but that may just be me. The plain G is much better for me.
ESP Eclipse II SW - D'Addario 11-49 Eb
LTD F-400FM - Ernie Ball 12-56 C#
Ibanez Iceman 300
Peavey Transtube 112 EFX
Last edited by TH3M B0N3Z at Jul 23, 2011,
11s - 56s heavy low end. If you are shredding, 12s will work if you are dong mostly riffing.
Does your guitar have a Floyd Rose on it?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
OK. If you try the string sets already mentioned and aren't satisfied you could experiment a bit. This set might be a bit extreme but then again, Maybe not. Depends on what tone you're after.

Gauges: 11-14-18-36-52-70

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/ghs-heavyweight-boomers-custom-lo-tune-electric-guitar-strings-heavy/100447000000000
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.