Page 1 of 2
i realize the question sounds weird so....
out of all the guitars you have played, which was(or were) best as far as playability?

from what i remember, in a guitar center i once played an epiphone custom classic(~500-600usd). i just remember the strings bending like butter. it was a comfortable guitar; really cool looking too....i dunno if it was just set up nicely but to this day i kinda wish i woulda bought it.
Epiphone Explorer.

My favourite neck ever.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
EVH wolfgang.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Its actually my Ibanez, at the moment. It may be just because Im used to it, and I play it way more than any other guitar, but I really, really like the neck.

Maybe I just like thin necks.
Where's Waldo?
MY PRS CE22, it almost plays its self.
Attachments:
m_88ea45eff4bf00791224c566177a3cdf.jpg
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
JEM

doesn't fit my style of stuff, but plays soooooo good

acoustically, a small bodied steel-string taylor with slotted headstock, don't know which model it was
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
^This. PRS custom 22!
Fender MIM 60th Anniversary Strat
Freshman Apollo Electro-acoustic
Line 6 POD HD500
Marshall MG15CD
I never really notice a difference but I haven't played too many guitars (~10) I like a thin neck and as long as the action isn't way too high I'm good to go. My first guitar has a thick neck and a super high action, I doubt I could play it too well.

As for other instruments I have played a solo on the Devil's Clarinet and it just felt awesome.
Quote by ampoverload
DBZ bolero and cavallo

Always wanted to try out a Bolero.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Always wanted to try out a Bolero.

one word, butter. sounded great too, the stock dbz pups are amazing, awesome pinch harmonics and every note was crystal clear, the neck and fretboard were awesome as hell too
Quote by Pac_man0123

That paint job is so tacky.....I want one!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Pac_man0123

Ditto, but that was a long time ago and I don't know if it'll feel as good to me anymore
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

My Tokai Love Rock plays amazing well. Also my 72' Fender Telecaster Deluxe plays so easily!
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by rustymoore91
This beauty... and it's mine all mine.

Could never play a strat, that volume knob is always in the way... Annoys the shit out of me.

Oh and thanks for making me want to try a Bolero even more, by the way.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Robbgnarly
That paint job is so tacky.....I want one!

It changes color in different lighting. It's got about 3 different shades, depending on the lighting and angle you're holding it at. It looks a lot better in person.
I have an Epiphone Les Paul standard that was broken in school by some stupid kid. The neck cracked around the headstock and made a big slit from the bottom of the 'stock to about the 5th fret. So I took it to my local guitar shop and they glued it back together, nice and flush but then I got bored.

After that it never felt the same... It was something was missing. Tonally it was the same, the crack hadn't affected the tone or playability of it. It was easy to play then. So I took off the strings, took out the pick ups, took the knobs off the controls and temporarily removed the pickups selector.

Out came the chisel, hammer and sandpaper. Now, before I went to work, the guitar was a beautiful tobacco sunburst carved top. Nicer than the other Epiphone Les Pauls I'd seen, even some customs and surprisingly some Gibsons. I felt bad at first, but now I'm happy for doing this.

I removed the cream binding from the guitar, then removed piece by tiny piece (5-6 hours worth of time) the layer of paint. At time I got frustrated with the slow process, so I now have deep chisel cuts in the maple cap, but it adds to the punk look.

With the sandpaper I went at the neck, and sanded it down nice and smooth, also removing the binding, making the thin a lot thinner but darn right easier to play. Sanded down the fret ends and now that guitar is the nicest I have ever played, beating a lot of higher end guitars for me. Don't know if its just because I did it myself, or because I'm a natural at f--king up guitars but it's niiiiiiice. Like REAL nice
my fender 60's strat.

love it to bits.

actually went out to buy a different guitar, sat down and played that for a good half hour, then walked out with it.

one of the best decisions of my life i feel.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Venomtank
I have an Epiphone Les Paul standard that was broken in school by some stupid kid. The neck cracked around the headstock and made a big slit from the bottom of the 'stock to about the 5th fret. So I took it to my local guitar shop and they glued it back together, nice and flush but then I got bored.

After that it never felt the same... It was something was missing. Tonally it was the same, the crack hadn't affected the tone or playability of it. It was easy to play then. So I took off the strings, took out the pick ups, took the knobs off the controls and temporarily removed the pickups selector.

Out came the chisel, hammer and sandpaper. Now, before I went to work, the guitar was a beautiful tobacco sunburst carved top. Nicer than the other Epiphone Les Pauls I'd seen, even some customs and surprisingly some Gibsons. I felt bad at first, but now I'm happy for doing this.

I removed the cream binding from the guitar, then removed piece by tiny piece (5-6 hours worth of time) the layer of paint. At time I got frustrated with the slow process, so I now have deep chisel cuts in the maple cap, but it adds to the punk look.

With the sandpaper I went at the neck, and sanded it down nice and smooth, also removing the binding, making the thin a lot thinner but darn right easier to play. Sanded down the fret ends and now that guitar is the nicest I have ever played, beating a lot of higher end guitars for me. Don't know if its just because I did it myself, or because I'm a natural at f--king up guitars but it's niiiiiiice. Like REAL nice

That's insane! post a pic?
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by Pac_man0123
It changes color in different lighting. It's got about 3 different shades, depending on the lighting and angle you're holding it at. It looks a lot better in person.

I ment no disrespect at all I literaly ment I want one with that paint job! Its like that little dog thats so ugly you want one!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by chadreed32
Could never play a strat, that volume knob is always in the way... Annoys the shit out of me.

Oh and thanks for making me want to try a Bolero even more, by the way.

lol. no music shops around u carry them?
Quote by ampoverload
lol. no music shops around u carry them?

Well, I've got a GC that doesn't. And then there's this one other place that's pretty cool. Only been there a few times. Might have to check back there again.
Where's Waldo?
Ibanez S1220. The wizard prestige neck is so comfortable for me and the body just seems to fit me perfectly, love it to bits.

Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

There's pics of the guitar not many people like it but I love it and that's what counts right?
I haven't played many. When I was still kinda new, I picked up an Ibanez... S470 I think, in a local music shop. Had a short little fiddle with it, and the neck was very nice.

Now I have an RG2228 and it's the most comfortable frigging thing I've played. Of course I needed to get used to it, being a new instrument and all... but everything is so easy on it. I don't think there's anything I can't play on it, perhaps except intensive slide because of my thin strings and low action.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Jeez Venomtank did you play too much Metallica? 'Cause that guitar sure seems pretty Broken, Beat and Scarred!
Ha ha only ever played two Metallica songs :P One and Whiskey In The Jar :P but yeah. I just had this image of a guitar that is totally mine, none like it in the world. And that was my creation
A Fender MIM Thinline Telecaster. Completely caught me by surprise, and made me go from hating telecasters to wanting a Thinline myself.
What the hell? Did you like take the top off somehow and redo everything or was it just painted on or a veneer or something? Im all confusal.
Where's Waldo?
the newest John Petrucci Sig...that guitar played like absolute heaven.

of course, for $2800 i would expect nothing less.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 23, 2011,
Well, you've got the two slabs of mahogany glued together. Then a thin, couple of millimetres thick piece of maple, which then has the veneer or paint or whatever stuff on top of the. After I got rid of the binding, you could get a chisel underneath the paint top and just chip it off. But because of the carved top, some places it got difficult. And thats where you can see the dents from my boredom/ anger :L
Page 1 of 2