Page 1 of 4
http://english.aljazeera.net/video/middleeast/2011/07/201171875513999850.html

So Palestinian minors are generally underprivileged and have less rights compared to their Israeli counterparts and from 2005 to 2010 835 Palestinian minors have been imprisoned for throwing stones at the IDF (Israel Defense Forces), most of the arrested minors have been traumatized by Israeli occupation.

Any thoughts?
Fucked up shit happens in the middle east? Who knew?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
why not? Youths in northern ireland throw bricks at fire engines and ambulances for fun, they even lure them out with fake calls first and they get **** all punishment.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Throw a stone at a cop in the states and see where that lands you.

Probably not prison, maybe some decent jail time, but yeah. Middle Eastern countries (in fact most of Asia) has a pretty insane criminal system.

Don't they kill women for showing too much skin or looking at a man wrong?

Also Al Jazeera isn't exactly the most unbiased source on matters in the middle-east.

And honestly, throwing stones at soldiers isn't exactly intelligent. Moreover, it's assault in most countries.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Because throwing rocks is the best way to handle the situation.
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
the IDF are scumbags
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Same consequences as if that happened in any other civilized country.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Well I'd hate it if someone threw a rock at me. If I had the power I'd probably throw them in jail. For about a week.
Quote by necrosis1193
Also Al Jazeera isn't exactly the most unbiased source on matters in the middle-east..
What is unbiased if Al Jazeera isn't?
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
No news source is unbiased

Besides the few minutes of International News coverage on local news networks.
Quote by due 07
What is unbiased if Al Jazeera isn't?

There isn't really much. But it's like asking a politician's campaign manager who's the best fit for the country. They're an extreme as far as the bias on this particular issue goes. I'd say the same thing about asking an Israeli news outlet about this matter. That part of the world's too fucked-up for anyone not to have a bias, and people in there directly effected are extremely so.

What did you expect? They took a dog to court and give it the death penalty for being reincarnated as a lawyer. It's Israel for crying out loud.
Quote by Fat Lard
What did you expect? They took a dog to court and give it the death penalty for being reincarnated as a lawyer. It's Israel for crying out loud.

As I said in that thread, that guy was a religious judge in an extremist fringe, his judgement had about as much weight as Fred Phelps'.

Quote by necrosis1193
There isn't really much. But it's like asking a politician's campaign manager who's the best fit for the country. They're an extreme as far as the bias on this particular issue goes. I'd say the same thing about asking an Israeli news outlet about this matter. That part of the world's too fucked-up for anyone not to have a bias, and people in there directly effected are extremely so.
I think that if you look at the issue from an objective point-of-view, it's fucked up. It's not that they are intrinsically slanted against Israel, it's that the Zionists are just flat-out in the wrong. I'd agree that it's impossible to not have any bias, but Al Jazeera does a fine job reporting on this particular conflict.
Quote by CannedBullets
Besides the few minutes of International News coverage on local news networks.

Every news organization is biased, because they've all got to decide what to show and what not to show, given the airtime/page space that they have. They all prioritize based on what's popular, what's profitable, their financial, professional and personal associations, their political outlook, what they consider to be in the public interest, etc. These all influence what they report on, how they report it, and what priority they give the story in relation to others.

The INS, AP, Reuters and BBC are all biased in their own ways. They just aren't so obvious as others who go so far as to explicitly back political parties (such as the newspapers in the UK, and no doubt elsewhere).
Quote by due 07
I think that if you look at the issue from an objective point-of-view, it's fucked up. It's not that they are intrinsically slanted against Israel, it's that the Zionists are just flat-out in the wrong. I'd agree that it's impossible to not have any bias, but Al Jazeera does a fine job reporting on this particular conflict.

I never said the zionists were right or wrong, or that Israel or Palestine were right or wrong. I never expressed an opinion as far as where I stand on that whole mess, and given how easily it seems to start wildfires on here, I'd like to keep it that way, so I'm not sure where the first half came from.

As for the second half, again, any news source, especially in a situation as muddled and filled to the brim with grey where people like to pretend there's black and white as the middle-east, that's reporting on this has a bias in my opinion, and especially news sources that are based out of middle-east countries are going to have a strong bias on something like this. I stand by that belief.

Again, I have my opinions, I don't want to divulge them because of how risque anything involving the middle-east can be, but I know what I think about who and what, when, why, and what caused what and all that. But I'm not here to discuss that - What I'm here to do is to bring up the fact that the source given in the opening post was hardly unbiased, and that even if the IDF is being abusive, unless the soldiers were actually fighting these kids, in which case odds are they'd have shot them when they threw rocks at them, throwing heavy, jagged, objects at them isn't going to solve the issue, and blatantly condemning either side without actually thinking about and figurign out the rationale each had is the kind of blatant, mindless sabre-rattling that's the cause of a lot of this shit in the first place.

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jul 23, 2011,
Quote by necrosis1193
I never said the zionists were right or wrong, or that Israel or Palestine were right or wrong. I never expressed an opinion as far as where I stand on that whole mess, and given how easily it seems to start wildfires on here, I'd like to keep it that way, so I'm not sure where the first half came from.

As for the second half, again, any news source, especially in a situation as muddled and filled to the brim with grey where people like to pretend there's black and white as the middle-east, that's reporting on this has a bias in my opinion, and especially news sources that are based out of middle-east countries are going to have a strong bias on something like this. I stand by that belief.

Again, I have my opinions, I don't want to divulge them because of how risque anything involving the middle-east can be, but I know what I think about who and what, when, why, and what caused what and all that. But I'm not here to discuss that - What I'm here to do is to bring up the fact that the source given in the opening post was hardly unbiased, and that even if the IDF is being abusive, unless the soldiers were actually fighting these kids, in which case odds are they'd have shot them when they threw rocks at them, throwing heavy, jagged, objects at them isn't going to solve the issue, and blatantly condemning either side without actually thinking about and figurign out the rationale each had is the kind of blatant, mindless sabre-rattling that's the cause of a lot of this shit in the first place.
Yeah, I get that. Free access news will always be biased. Not necessarily for specific political agendas, but to promote capitalist class interest. I just think Al Jazeera is significantly less biased than most other news sources.

Quote by blue_strat
Every news organization is biased, because they've all got to decide what to show and what not to show, given the airtime/page space that they have. They all prioritize based on what's popular, what's profitable, their financial, professional and personal associations, their political outlook, what they consider to be in the public interest, etc. These all influence what they report on, how they report it, and what priority they give the story in relation to others.

The INS, AP, Reuters and BBC are all biased in their own ways. They just aren't so obvious as others who go so far as to explicitly back political parties (such as the newspapers in the UK, and no doubt elsewhere).
This is actually true. The newspaper's audience aren't the ones they are trying to sell to. News organizations must sell to advertisers in the 'free access' market. No news organization can be actually unbiased because they must be beholden to corporate interests. This happens to truly manifest itself in right-wing news outlets, as they glorify extrinsic values such as power, money, image, and fame. In doing so, they force these values on the working people reading their papers or watching their news. There are other things that are generally specific to righty news -- for example, marginalizing people's influence on climate change. Every news source is truly susceptible to bias, but right-wing papers seem to be more prone to pushing agendas like that.
Original Topic:
Of course they should be arrested. It's very possible to be killed by rocks if there's enough people: enough rocks to the head, and a few rocks bashed into their skull when they're down. I'm not for the creation of the state of Israel, but now that we're there, the Palestinians should stop being so fucking retarded.
In the works.
Quote by due 07
Yeah, I get that. Free access news will always be biased. Not necessarily for specific political agendas, but to promote capitalist class interest. I just think Al Jazeera is significantly less biased than most other news sources.

And you and I disagree there. And that's fine. Hell, it's great - as the saying goes, if everyone agrees, it's probably wrong. But the fact we have differing opinions on the matter is how, eventually, we can come to the truth; two parties with similar goals from different ends with different thoughts using different methods to search different things and find what the other doesn't. It's beautiful, really, the magic of amicable disagreement.

I love every bodies lack of understanding of the middle east, and how everyone thinks Israel is evil and somehow is ALWAYS in the wrong.

I bet, if you threw stones at officers in America, you'd be arrested and beat up too, if you threw rocks at the officers in Iran, you'd be shot.

Throwing rocks at people you hate, that happen to have weapons, is stupid, they deserved to be arrested for stupidity.

And of course the left is going to paint this as another evil deed by Israel to make them look evil.

And watch how everybody that disagrees with me insults me, because this is the pit.

The pit.
Such an idiot^
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Quote by CannedBullets
So Palestinian minors are generally underprivileged and have less rights compared to their Israeli counterparts and from 2005 to 2010 835 Palestinian minors have been imprisoned for throwing stones at the IDF (Israel Defense Forces), most of the arrested minors have been traumatized by Israeli occupation.

Any thoughts?

Things like this happen. It sucks. Am I really supposed to not notice how stupid it is that these kids do this, though?

Quote by due 07
Zionists are just flat-out in the wrong.

Oh, OK. Cool. I'm glad this issue is settled now.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I love every bodies lack of understanding of the middle east, and how everyone thinks Israel is evil and somehow is ALWAYS in the wrong.
Generalizations, etc.

Quote by ethan_hanus
I bet, if you threw stones at officers in America, you'd be arrested and beat up too, if you threw rocks at the officers in Iran, you'd be shot.
Throwing stones at officers in America is not analogous to this situation, and you know that.

Quote by ethan_hanus
And of course the left is going to paint this as another evil deed by Israel to make them look evil.
Damn the left.

Quote by ethan_hanus
And watch how everybody that disagrees with me insults me, because this is the pit.
People don't insult you because this is The Pit, people insult you because you are prone to saying dumb things.

Quote by ethan_hanus
The pit.
You always use that smilie but it never helps your argument.
Quote by ethan_hanus

Throwing rocks at people you hate, that happen to have weapons, is stupid, they deserved to be arrested for stupidity.

The pit.

Um...actually, I know not all of them did, but I think a fair few of the posts in here agreed with arresting the stone throwers. It's a majority of one, but of posts that seemed to voice thoughts on the matter, by my count, 4-5 in agreement. Whether they agreed with Israel is another matter, but the majority so far hasn't gone as you've assumed.

So...yeah, not exactly a valid statement. Also, given it was dripping with rhetoric, you're all but asking for the ad hominem you said is coming.

Quote by ethan_hanus

The pit.

ur da biggest idiot on dis site bro. You probably think the middle east is in china
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by ethan_hanus

The pit.

If that was the case, you'd already have a life sentence.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
They're justified in throwing the stones, but you can't honestly expect them not to get arrested.

Obligatory fuck Israel though.
Quote by Eric_Fail
ur da biggest idiot on dis site bro. You probably think the middle east is in china

Dually noted, and I don't care. I think you're an idiot, but none of that matter now.

I bet you think the middle east is just full of a bunch of peaceful Muslims that would love to cuddle with you and are being oppressed by the evil westerners.
Quote by ethan_hanus

The pit.

I think of all people you should be thankful that stupidity isn't illegal.
Some guy in my college got sent to prison for 12 months for throwing two sticks at fully armoured riot squad police during the London protests
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by due 07
God damn you're stupid.

I thought "every bodies" was way worse.
Quote by CaptainCanti

December 14, 2017
Quote by StewieSwan
I thought "every bodies" was way worse.
I was going to comment on that, but I was trying to show him I was above correcting language in a political debate. Apparently I'm not!
It's as if this went from talking about Israel's crime policies, to talking about how much people don't like ethan_hanus's comments. I've been in that situation one too many times. May the Pit have * "Pit"y * on your soul.
*See what I did there?

If I throw rocks at the police I'm gonna get arrested. I wouldn't expect people to feel bad for me.

Granted this isn't quite the same scenario, but it's similar enough.
Page 1 of 4