View poll results: Which cab?
Emperor w/Weber 65's
2 33%
Avatar w/ 1 Celestion V30 and 1 G12H
4 67%
Some other cab in the are of ~$600
0 0%
Voters: 6.
First of all, I play a Sovtek mig 50 head, a Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR modded with a Bareknuckle Coldsweat in the bridge and a Dimarzio liquifire in the neck, and a stock Agile pro dual 828. The genres I play mostly are sludge/doom, thrash, prog and djent.

Knowing that, I'm looking at an Emperor 2x12 with Weber 65 speakers for $525+shipping($90 out here to California), so in all I'm looking at $615 for the emperor. The Avatar I'm looking at is a B-stock Vinatage 2x12, loaded with one V30 and one G12h for $260. Problem is, I don't exactly like the V30s paired with my head, but maybe the G12h will help to round out my sound.. Iunno, which is why I'm asking you for help.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
i wouldn't think a vintage style avatar would pair up well for what you play.

that said i don't think the emperor is worth twice the cost of the avatar.

but they are damn nice cabs, i have an emperor and am quite happy with it. (i sold an avatar to get it lol).

a contemporary avatar cab would be better than the vintage, if you can find one used. that is more similar to a mesa or orange cab and would be good for what you play.

if you can afford the emperor, i'd go for it. great cabs and great people.
Quote by gregs1020
i wouldn't think a vintage style avatar would pair up well for what you play.

that said i don't think the emperor is worth twice the cost of the avatar.

but they are damn nice cabs, i have an emperor and am quite happy with it. (i sold an avatar to get it lol).

a contemporary avatar cab would be better than the vintage, if you can find one used. that is more similar to a mesa or orange cab and would be good for what you play.

if you can afford the emperor, i'd go for it. great cabs and great people.

I recently had a birthday, so I can afford the emperor. I did own an Avatar at one time, came with the wrong speakers and that left a kinda sour taste in my mouth with the company. It also felt a little bit too light to me, like it wouldn't stand the test of time.
So emperor it is. That month wait is going to kill me though.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
If you can afford it and have no qualms about spending the money, then go for the Emperor. You can have it built to your exact specs, which is always very nice (assuming you're buying a custom built one and not one that was prebuilt).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by shaggydogJV
That month wait is going to kill me though.

it is a looooooonnnnnnnng month i won't lie.

but it's worth it.

get merlot

edit: also those 65s are great speakers. i had a cab with 4 at one point and should have robbed one outta there.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 23, 2011,